Notices

Ultima Paint Guard Plus - Mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Frank A.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima Paint Guard Plus - Mini Review

Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a liquid sealant that is a wipe on walk away product. I tried it for the first time on my Targa 4S this weekend and I was absolutely stunned by the stuff. You literally wipe it on with a microfiber applicator and that is it. It took me about 10 minutes to do my entire car. The only caveat is that you have to use it VERY sparingly or else it will streak. A couple of spritzes on the pad per panel and that is it. Also, it is safe for trim as it does not stain.

After the application, the paint was very slick and the shine it provided was outstanding. It rained here yesterday and this stuff beaded the rain like crazy. It was so slick that at about 30mph the rain was streaming off of the hood. Ultima claims 6 months of durability, but I would guess that that is a stretch, especially for a daily driver. No biggie though, as this stuff is so easy and quick to apply you could do it monthly. A bottle costs about $35, but you use so little of it on each application that it will probably last years.

I have no affiliation with this company and this is the first Ultima product I have ever used.

Regards,
Frank A.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used UPGP for a couple of years and layer with Danase Wet Glaze now and then. The stuff is amazing. Lasts for an honest few months even in the Florida heat and is so easy to use that I wipe it on after every wash. The look is amazing too. When something better comes along I'll try it but I think to significantly beat UPGP will take a lot....

Quick Reply: Ultima Paint Guard Plus - Mini Review