Thank you ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank you ...

An open message to detailing forum contributors:

Your ‘Thank you for your help’ e-mails are greatly appreciated, its always good to receive feedback on what has worked for you and in some rare cases what has not
Old 07-25-2013, 09:53 PM
CORSASCHNELL
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TOGWT,

I have also learned from your many valuable comments here. If you don't mind share with us your background and how you obtained your expertise in this field. Thank you.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:47 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I began detailing Mercedes-Benz / BMW helping out at my Father’s dealership in 1958, where we would spend three or four days or more detailing vehicles, this included paint renovation, leather repair and restoration on both classic automobiles and Concours level vehicles. As well as his Jag collection, which back in the late 50's he used to enter in Concours d’élégance events and as such I’m used to a large number of high-end new and used cars.

The one thing I learned (and still have that last 98% to learn, mind you) way back then still holds true today “ It’s the surface preparation that makes the difference, not the product”.

Having been involved in detailing some of the world’s finest classic and high-end exotic and luxury automobiles for five plus decades TOGWT® is the first place both Professional and Enthusiast detailer’s look to for an uncompromising level of unbiased technical and scientific knowledge. Working closely with the industry’s leading-edge product manufacturers from around the world means the best technology and product advice is available to enable you to care for your automobile.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am in no way affiliated with, employed by, have any vested interest, or in any way receive compensation from the sale or distribution of any of the product lines reviewed or the company that manufactures or markets it. No endorsement of companies or their products mentioned is intended, nor is criticism implied of similar companies or their products if they are omitted.

"Allow me to introduce myself" - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ce-myself.html
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Jon it is great to read some of your background in detailing and where it all began.

I agree that surface preparation is most critical to achieve stunning results, the wax or sealant applied after the fact is simply a protective barrier that may have a mild affect on appearance.

But I will add that polish product performance varies greatly and many products outperform others substantially. It's also an area that seems to be making leaps and bounds as far as improvements and ease of use.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I have found TOGWT's scientific explanations of why things look the way they do and of how the products and techniques work to correct paint defects incredibly helpful.

So much more helpful than "Try this product" or "This worked for me once".

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Thank you ...