Notices

waterless wash and wax experience?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could not do without ONR

This allows the polymers to attach to the dirt and form a molecular bond to the surface at the same time. ONR binds the dirt to the wash media intentionally; so you should change washing media as needed

The polymers also bond to automotive paint surfaces and create a slick surface and act as a barrier to protect from marring. That is something that soap will not provide since surfactants in soaps have no affinity for painted surfaces (unlike a polymer).

The polymer protection left behind from ONR is very much dependent upon the water hardness. The polymers bond to the paint surface; this will also provide limited surface protection. That is something that other soaps will not provide since surfactants in soaps have no affinity for painted surfaces.

“Optimum No Rinse (ONR) washing methods” -
http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2015...g-methods.html
Old 01-13-2018, 04:36 PM
DACDETAILING
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968_981
I have access to water hose but still want to have a second option while it's in the garage. Any of you tried this before, what do you think?

Amazon.com: 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: Automotive
carpro ech2o is by far my favorite waterless. I have pretty much used them lol. Only draw back about Ech2o is it leaves a thicker haze then most which gets bugged off but the gloss it produces can’t be matched. It perfect for coated cars since it has the same sio2. ingredient in it. Technique is probably te best Challenge to using waterless. If the correct method is used you will absolutely love it

Quick Reply: waterless wash and wax experience?