Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 777 Likes on 506 Posts
Default TrailBrake 13 Sensor TPMS Available

A lot of people have asked for a system with more than 4 wheel TPMS and I've been able to put it together. The system has 13 internal sensors - 3 full wheel sets and 1 spare. Based on the same technology as the systems we've sold for years, these have slightly faster update rates. The same packaging of the receiver module keeps the size small and easy to mount while a new CAN protocol works in the extra sensors. Testing has been great and I think people will really like using these. Best part is we are able to offer this system at $575!

Check them out at https://trailbrake.com/13-wheel-tpms/

The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Romanowski:
mlct (04-02-2022), tgsmith4845 (12-23-2021)
Old 12-24-2021, 02:13 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Great stuff!
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (12-24-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 12:52 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Super cool to see you pushing this technology forwards Matt. I'd really like a set for my car but with how low pressures we run, I don't think this will be quite enough resolution. Nonetheless, if I build a sedan, I'll have a set!

-Mark
Old 12-29-2021, 07:22 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lowside67
Super cool to see you pushing this technology forwards Matt. I'd really like a set for my car but with how low pressures we run, I don't think this will be quite enough resolution. Nonetheless, if I build a sedan, I'll have a set!

-Mark
Thanks for the positive words. You are right on the pressures you start out at and the resolution of the system, it won't be great for you. Your use case is tough to produce for at a low price. If I come up with something, I'll make sure to let you know.
Old 01-01-2022, 10:09 AM
FastCarSlo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This is very interesting for me. I ended up abandoning the original one after the first weekend because it was not practical having it only on one set of wheels -- this obviously solves for that, but I'm concerned that my tire guys may have trouble consistently keeping wheel locations the same. Do the other more expensive options solve for that? (I'm guessing via locator antenna's/sensors?)
Old 01-01-2022, 10:25 AM
drsrock
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have to "Pair" the wheels each time you swap?
Old 01-01-2022, 11:34 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FastCarSlo
This is very interesting for me. I ended up abandoning the original one after the first weekend because it was not practical having it only on one set of wheels -- this obviously solves for that, but I'm concerned that my tire guys may have trouble consistently keeping wheel locations the same. Do the other more expensive options solve for that? (I'm guessing via locator antenna's/sensors?)
There are systems in the $2k+ range that know the what sensor is on what corner. I try to keep the price of these systems low enough that people can afford them, but they do lack some of the features of the more expensive sets. For these, I would highly recommend people make 3 wheels LF only and mark the rim LF. Do the same for the other positions. The systems will transit the value for all 13 sensors, so you will be able to see which of LF sensor is transmitting and ignore the others.

Does that make sense?
Old 01-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by drsrock
Do you have to "Pair" the wheels each time you swap?
No. All 13 sensors are always paired. If you were racing something that had 13 wheels it would transmit all the values. In some racing, people are using 6 sensors at once now.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:37 PM
dembol
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried to connect those TPMS sensors to Ecumaster CAN (https://www.ecumaster.com/) ? They also have nice datalogger and software to get the data.

Last edited by dembol; 04-01-2022 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:42 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dembol
Has anyone tried to connect those TPMS sensors to Ecumaster CAN (https://www.ecumaster.com/) ? They also have nice datalogger and software to get the data.
I believe people have done the 4 sensor with success. I will be putting it in myself in my flight tonight. I can check that the 13 works as well. I have a dbc if you are good with the ECUmasters software.

Quick Reply: TrailBrake 13 Sensor TPMS Available