Notices

New VBox User Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 01:31 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New VBox User Question

I tried finding the answer to this question without bothering you guys. After 20 minutes of digging around on the racelogic website and this forum, I became frustrated and decided to approach the VBox guru council for guidance. Here's the situation..... I had my inaugural VBox sessions at COTA a few weeks ago. Without any intervention, the map function behaved as I expected while reviewing the session in Circuit Tools. I could see the position of the car on the track map and it all made logical sense. Today, I ran a few laps at MSR-Cresson on the 1.7 mile configuration.... (my first time using VBox at another track). However, while reviewing the session on Circuit Tools, the 1.3 mile configuration is displayed, not the 1.7 mile configuration as expected.

Q: How can I get Circuit Tools to use the right map??
Old 03-23-2024, 11:33 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,694 Posts

There’s a few ways to do this.

The two simplest ways are to

a) if you have an OLED Predictive Lap Time display, enter the Menu mode and scroll down to “HD2 Track Selection” after first powering up the HD2 at the track with multiple configuration choices. Then select the track you’re running on and exit back out. As long as you’re in the vicinity of that start line, it’ll use the one you picked.

b) using the phone app on WiFi to the HD2, select the track you’re running on and exit, same result as a)

If the track config is not offered or available, follow Racelogic’s directions on updating the track database, as that often includes newer or added track configs for various tracks.

There are more ways, too. Sometimes, I lock desired track configs into a scene or multiple scenes, upload at the same time and then select the scene using the OLED.

But you can do it without a computer using the OLED or the WiFi app.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-23-2024, 11:41 AM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
I tried finding the answer to this question without bothering you guys. After 20 minutes of digging around on the racelogic website and this forum, I became frustrated and decided to approach the VBox guru council for guidance. Here's the situation..... I had my inaugural VBox sessions at COTA a few weeks ago. Without any intervention, the map function behaved as I expected while reviewing the session in Circuit Tools. I could see the position of the car on the track map and it all made logical sense. Today, I ran a few laps at MSR-Cresson on the 1.7 mile configuration.... (my first time using VBox at another track). However, while reviewing the session on Circuit Tools, the 1.3 mile configuration is displayed, not the 1.7 mile configuration as expected.

Q: How can I get Circuit Tools to use the right map??
VBox records the map overlay with the original video so there is no way to change it once it is recorded. At a track with multiple available configurations, you need to make sure you pick the correct configuration on the VBox before running the track. It can be done through the OLED display, if you have it. Otherwise, I believe you would need to use the app on your phone to set it.
The following users liked this post:
LiveNupe (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:41 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks so much for the response. I don't have the Predictive Lap Time display (still using my Garmin to perform this function) so I'll go with option B. What about the data that I already have stored? Is there any way for me to go back and fix it?
Old 03-23-2024, 12:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
Thanks so much for the response. I don't have the Predictive Lap Time display (still using my Garmin to perform this function) so I'll go with option B. What about the data that I already have stored? Is there any way for me to go back and fix it?
In Circuit Tools 2 Analysis, it may have selected the correct track, so open those files and look. If not, you can change the track under Tracks in the taskbar and then select "save track to file" and click ok.

No, as pointed out, the information and icons are rendered into the video real-time while it is being recorded, so while the data is correct and the Analysis is correct (or can be selected after the fact), the video is not editable. The only thing off should be the track map animation.
The following users liked this post:
LiveNupe (03-23-2024)

Quick Reply: New VBox User Question