Notices

Looking for a VBox OLED Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 04:37 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for a VBox OLED Recommendation

After a couple of track days using the VBOX without an OLED display, I think I'm now ready to get one. I see there are three options as outlined on this website: Overview (vboxmotorsport.co.uk)

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the DSP04, DSP05, or DSP06. Any suggestions with supporting reasoning?
Old 03-27-2024, 10:55 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,694 Posts

The DSP04 has been discontinued.

The DSP05 was very popular for many years, but for the same money, the DSP06 is the best way to go.

The DSP06 is much "smarter" than the DSP05, with a wider choice of display parameters but more than that, some intelligent LED displays that can help you real time while out on track.

The LED's can not only tell you how far ahead or behind you are of your previous best (AiM/MoTeC and others call plus or minus previous best), it can tell you:

a) whether your SPEED is faster or slower at any given point on the circuit and

b) an indication that serves the same purpose at the Apex Pro, how much of the best previous Combined G (amount of grip measured in all axis) you're using at any given point on the circuit.

The small display allows you to place it in your peripheral vision but still see the LED color and behavior.

The LED displays are what the best club and professional drivers are using to validate if something they are doing on track (usually an A versus B line/speed/braking comparison on a corner or corner complex) is better, or not, without waiting until after the session to do the review.

Quick Start Guide here: https://en.racelogic.support/VBOX_Mo...isplay_DSP06-H

Ray Phillips at Precision Driving Analytics or @ShakeNBake close to you are the best people to reach out to. I don't sell equipment anymore, it was interfering with my coaching business! Good luck.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-27-2024, 10:43 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the thorough and detailed response. Much much appreciated!!
Old 03-28-2024, 12:46 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

@ProCoach
A couple of follow-up questions:
1) Do you have any placement recommendations for the DSP06?
2) When I spoke to the folks at Racelogic yesterday, I was told that they’re planning to launch a new OLED model in 6 months. Are you familiar with the new OLED? If so, do you have an opinion on whether or not the improvements are worth the wait?

Last edited by LiveNupe; 03-28-2024 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:48 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
@ProCoach
A couple of follow-up questions:
1) Do you have any placement recommendations for the DSP06?
2) When I spoke to the folks at Racelogic yesterday, I was told that they’re planning to launch a new OLED model in 6 months. Are you familiar with the new OLED? If so, do you have an opinion on whether or not the improvements are worth the wait?
1) typically, I see people put it central to their vision if the dash is low (a purpose built car like a Radical, Revolution, Ginetta or LMP3) or low and off to the left in the corner of the windshield. Just so drivers can see out of their peripheral vision the LEDs and/or the horizontal bar.
2) Yes, I have seen the drawings and pictures. Like anything promised from any of these companies, I’ll evaluate it when I see it! If you want to use something this season, I’d go ahead. If you can use the Mini, that is the most recent, hence most up to date product in the line up.
The following users liked this post:
LiveNupe (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 09:26 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Again, thanks a million!
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (03-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Looking for a VBox OLED Recommendation