Notices

Split Screen Video Software PC Based????

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Split Screen Video Software PC Based????

Can any of you recommend video software that does a good job of allowing you to do side by side analysis of two track files?

I have the following requirements:

PC Laptop NOT ios
Not web based file load, we don't have good internet connections every where we go.
I use a Smarty Cam HD.
I did a web search, but an iPad product is not what I want.

I will continue to look, but I bet one of you has scoped this out, thanks!

Chris
Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Can I download 2 files out of the Smarty Cam HD and sync them in AIM software? I was looking at another thread on the topic. The main data aq of the car is the Motec C125. Really trying to look at track position more than anything. We have a good handle on the C125 analysis. I have the Smarty Cam set up with speed, RPM, braking, G, pedal position etc.

Of course I could just put 2 VLC windows side by side and call it a day.....but why make it easy?

Last edited by Chris P Lewis; 03-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,694 Posts

If you have Pro Logging enabled on the C125, you should be able to do that within the i2 Pro analysis window, with a little manual jiggering.

I prefer that, but you can do it also with RS3 video compare. I need to figure out how to make it bigger...
Attached Images  
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

I do not have i2 Pro and the AIM Smartycam is not aware or the C125 and vice versa as far as I know. I will look at the RS3 video compare at Road ATL. Thanks, Peter.

Peter does the SC HD log a data file like the MX2 did? If I connect a cable to it and open RS3 will I then download that file?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 779 Likes on 507 Posts

The SCHD doesn't create a log file. I know that Joe Hullett can make the SCHD and the C125 work together.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

That sounds interesting. How do I find this guy?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Actually, as BOTH an AiM and MoTeC dealer, I've sold half a dozen MoTeC C125/185 systems using an AiM ECU Bridge to put MoTeC CAN output onto SmartyCam HD video in the past few months, and MANY more cameras to existing MoTeC users. Joe is available through his company, Competition Data Systems in Huntersville, NC. He and I are here at Sebring working.

You do not need any connection or bridge to pull in raw video, from a SCHD to a ChaseCam and a number of other cameras into i2 Pro Analysis logging and to sync it manually with he data, even two laps side by side. Little bit of a pain, but takes less time than manually processing them through TrackVision or RaceRender from a data export.

Of course, you can do it right by integrating a MoTeC VSM and an external mic jack CAN cable on a Rev2 SCHD and i2 Pro will sync it automatically using an audio tone as a sync trigger.

No, the SCHD will not record data with the video like the old SC, but it has timing information in it to export individual VIDEO laps in RS3.

Adam might know how to set up an AiM SCHD with MoTeC, or Joe or I can help. AiM even prints out detailed instructions on how to do it.

Unfortunately, unless you have Pro Logging enabled on your C125 ($852), you can't bring up the video window with your SmartyCam HD footage, or two laps with video side by side, at least in MoTeC i2 analysis.

If you don't have or want Pro Logging, the MoTeC CAN can still feed info to the SCHD so you can see those logged channels on the video, like throttle position, brake pressure, steering angle, IF those channels are logged by the C125/185.

Joe and I will be in Atlanta if you want to learn more and see it in action. The team I am with has purchased a pair of C125's with the ECU Bridge/SCHD set up. Works great!
Old 03-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Email sent.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 779 Likes on 507 Posts

I was talking to Joe here at Sebring about this today. He's a CAN genius.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Caddell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I was talking to Joe here at Sebring about this today. He's a CAN genius.
I just hope we don't have a large natural disaster here at Sebring this weekend. Today at Sebring I chatted with: Matt, Peter, and Joe Hullett. Many racing data questions on Rennlist are answered from that group! :-)
Great to see everybody again!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Actually, as BOTH an AiM and MoTeC dealer, I've sold half a dozen MoTeC C125/185 systems using an AiM ECU Bridge to put MoTeC CAN output onto SmartyCam HD video in the past few months, and MANY more cameras to existing MoTeC users. Joe is available through his company, Competition Data Systems in Huntersville, NC. He and I are here at Sebring working.

You do not need any connection or bridge to pull in raw video, from a SCHD to a ChaseCam and a number of other cameras into i2 Pro Analysis logging and to sync it manually with he data, even two laps side by side. Little bit of a pain, but takes less time than manually processing them through TrackVision or RaceRender from a data export.

Of course, you can do it right by integrating a MoTeC VSM and an external mic jack CAN cable on a Rev2 SCHD and i2 Pro will sync it automatically using an audio tone as a sync trigger.

No, the SCHD will not record data with the video like the old SC, but it has timing information in it to export individual VIDEO laps in RS3.

Adam might know how to set up an AiM SCHD with MoTeC, or Joe or I can help. AiM even prints out detailed instructions on how to do it.

Unfortunately, unless you have Pro Logging enabled on your C125 ($852), you can't bring up the video window with your SmartyCam HD footage, or two laps with video side by side, at least in MoTeC i2 analysis.

If you don't have or want Pro Logging, the MoTeC CAN can still feed info to the SCHD so you can see those logged channels on the video, like throttle position, brake pressure, steering angle, IF those channels are logged by the C125/185.

Joe and I will be in Atlanta if you want to learn more and see it in action. The team I am with has purchased a pair of C125's with the ECU Bridge/SCHD set up. Works great!
A little clarification, after a long day at the track you missed on Joe's company name by just a little bit, it is Digital Competition Systems.

http://www.digitalcompetitionsystems.com/

See you tomorrow Peter! :-)
Old 03-04-2016, 07:27 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Hahaha! Too long a day, Roger.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:06 PM
tentenths
Advanced

see post #4 http://goo.gl/Xf3xOM
Old 03-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tentenths
Thanks! I am giving Potplayer a try.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:43 AM
tentenths
Advanced

Just to clarify, if you want side by side video comparison where you control both at the same time (what AIM on good days can sorta kinda do...maybe???) then Kinovea works pretty well or also try http://www.awesomevideoplayer.com/ which looks great and plays back much better than Kinovea with better keyboard based transport controls but only 5 seconds or 2 seconds increments…Pot player has the best fine transport controls via keyboard (A must...no mousing) still with the added benefit of set playback range. If AIM were really dialed in they would adopt the "JKL transport" that pro video uses.

Between sessions there is rarely much time so you need to get to the area on the videos quick and be able to fast scrub through to compare and move on.

Quick Reply: Split Screen Video Software PC Based????