The Pennsylvania Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 10:49 AM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensctt
Hello,

I have relocated to the west suburbs of Philadelphia from Scottsdale, AZ. Currently renting a home in Wayne on the Main Line and looking for an independent mechanic for general repairs and maintenance, for my 1999 996 Cabriolet. We are looking to buy a home in the same area so any recommendations for someone nearby will be appreciated

Thanks

Welcome! There are a number of good Porsche shops in the area. I have used Performance Automotive in Malvern quite a bit on a number of my Porsches including a 996. Great guys and they do great work. http://www.pfmauto.com/
Also, be sure to update your PCA Region to Riesentoter if you haven't already. We do a ton of cool events in the area.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:04 AM
stevensctt
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks
Old 11-12-2021, 11:05 AM
stevensctt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
Welcome to the area. You might try Jay Windsor over at J&J in Bryn Mawr. Long time Porsche shop serving the area. They have a great reputation.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2021, 11:07 AM
stevensctt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by targajoe
Welcome! There are a number of good Porsche shops in the area. I have used Performance Automotive in Malvern quite a bit on a number of my Porsches including a 996. Great guys and they do great work. http://www.pfmauto.com/
Also, be sure to update your PCA Region to Riesentoter if you haven't already. We do a ton of cool events in the area.
Thanks, I'll change my Region
The following users liked this post:
targajoe (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Faster48
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensctt
Hello,

I have relocated to the west suburbs of Philadelphia from Scottsdale, AZ. Currently renting a home in Wayne on the Main Line and looking for an independent mechanic for general repairs and maintenance, for my 1999 996 Cabriolet. We are looking to buy a home in the same area so any recommendations for someone nearby will be appreciated

Thanks

I highly recommend performance in Malvern. Peter and Paul know Porsches better than anyone in the area in my opinion

Not sure If you’re last sentence was asking for a realtor or house, but I have a great realtor I can recommend if that is what you’re looking for
Old 11-12-2021, 01:00 PM
stevensctt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Faster48
I highly recommend performance in Malvern. Peter and Paul know Porsches better than anyone in the area in my opinion

Not sure If you’re last sentence was asking for a realtor or house, but I have a great realtor I can recommend if that is what you’re looking for
Thanks, for the Porsche recommendation. I wasn't asking for a realtor as we are working with one. But will send a PM for your recommendation
Old 11-15-2021, 07:41 PM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Phil-a-Trunk write up

For those that were able to attend our Phil-a-Trunk event or for anyone interested in learning more about it, I did a little write up of the event for Rennlist. Thanks again to everyone and hope to see you all next year!
Phil-a-Trunk
Old 11-19-2021, 07:32 AM
Christian@PaEuros
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 276 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Pa roads

Good Morning Pa Rennlisters,

I am planning a fun drive with a good friend I haven’t seen in years the week after Thanksgiving. I live in West Chester, Pa area and he lives in Northern, Nj.

I am looking for recommendations on roads to spend a few hours on in the Eastern Pa region.

I’ve heard about roads in Del Water Gap ?

he has a B7 Rs4 and I’ll be taking out my GT3RS. Likely having a 991 GT3RS join us also.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Old 11-19-2021, 07:50 AM
Faster48
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by _AzEuros_

I am planning a fun drive with a good friend I haven’t seen in years the week after Thanksgiving. I live in West Chester, Pa area and he lives in Northern, Nj.

I am looking for recommendations on roads to spend a few hours on in the Eastern Pa region.

he has a B7 Rs4 and I’ll be taking out my GT3RS. Likely having a 991 GT3RS join us also.

John (orange RS) has tons of great routes. I love Pa RT 125. I’d suggest taking to him. Pm me if you need his info
Old 11-19-2021, 09:53 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 203 Posts

I would love to join and could help out if necessary. Hunterdon County, NJ and usually end up in Warren and Sussex just on the east side of the river.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:35 AM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

_AzEuros_ I start in Easton, PA and head north along the Delaware River to Milford and stop for coffee. It is then a short ride to Hawks Nest to stop for pictures. I then take a round about way to Hawley PA to stop for lunch at a brewery and more coffee if needed. From Hawley I take a more direct route home. I would be happy to provide more specifics if needed.

Last edited by gt3racerich; 11-20-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:53 PM
Christian@PaEuros
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 276 Likes on 105 Posts

Thanks all ! We have a plan as of now weather permitting

Today was a great day in Chester County with some great RS cars showing up unexpectedly.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:59 PM
poconosteve
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay in Warren and Sussex counties in north Jersey. The roads in Monroe county suck. I live in water gap and cross the bridge to Jersey to drive better roads.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:29 AM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by _AzEuros_

If you're looking for a great WC local drive, this is my normal route (I live over by Marsh Creek).
Take rt 282 North AKA Creek Road out of Downingtown (I just made the start location 282 and Dowlin Forge because that's nearest me) for about 9 miles. Hang a right on Fairview and run that all the way out to rt 100 for about 7 miles. Take a left on RT 100N for less than 1 mile and a quick right on Flowing Springs road. Flowing springs for 3 1/2 miles until it dead ends on St Matthews. Left on St Matthews for about 2 miles until it dead ends on Pughtown. Take a right on Pughtown. It will take you through the little village of Kimberton and it will hit RT 113. From there, you can take a left and go up to Phoenixville for some eats/drinks on Bridge Street or take a right and head back to your starting point.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:00 PM
Jdsmoke
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello from Bucks County. I just picked up my 3rd Porsche and first 911. It’s a 991.2 C2S conv. in manual w 15K miles. Pic below. I’m looking to put on a Soul Performance exhaust w sport cats, Softronic ECU tune and Numeric Racing short shorter.

The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (11-24-2021)

Quick Reply: The Pennsylvania Owners Thread