Notices

The Pennsylvania Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 04:45 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I’ll be looking into other group events in due time. I kept giving myself excuses last year, and I wanted to make sure I got my first track day event out of the way. Hopefully to clear a path to many more in the near future. It also helped that my buddy who just picked up a 997.2 is tagging along.

All I need to do is scoop a helmet, and flush my brake fluid, and Im good to go or the season. Recently got my car aligned for aggressive street/track - I should have had this done in the first month of ownership… what a game changer!
Do a 2 day event for your next one.
A few of those are in April as well…lol.

Welcome to the slope..
The following users liked this post:
BoxKing (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 04:53 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,282 Likes on 1,714 Posts

All I need to do is scoop a helmet, and flush my brake fluid, and Im good to go or the season.
Bob at @NaroEscape is a sure vendor and was great to work with for the helmet. I also get me FR clothing from him as well.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:28 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Bob at @NaroEscape is a sure vendor and was great to work with for the helmet. I also get me FR clothing from him as well.
I was thinking about getting a “cheaper” helmet for this season. It’s either the Zamp (or similar priced),Bell M8, or a Roux R1 - These are listed from cheapest to more expensive. I like the Roux bc its comes radio ready, which will make talking with the instructor easier, and more comfortable. Is it worth getting a more expensive helmet prior to the next Snell SA2025’s are released, or you guys changing helmets every 3-5 years due to wear regardless?
Old 03-01-2024, 05:54 PM
mpgainer
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was thinking about getting a “cheaper” helmet for this season. It’s either the Zamp (or similar priced),Bell M8, or a Roux R1 - These are listed from cheapest to more expensive. I like the Roux bc its comes radio ready, which will make talking with the instructor easier, and more comfortable. Is it worth getting a more expensive helmet prior to the next Snell SA2025’s are released, or you guys changing helmets every 3-5 years due to wear regardless?
I'm a member at NJMP. If you enjoy your first outing hit me up to come as a guest to a Driver's Club member day on Thunderbolt (newly paved). You still pay a guest fee, but member days are far less crowded and you can sign up a couple of days in advance. We run a beginners "green" group (lead/follow) that normally only has a couple of drivers in it. Makes for a comfortable beginner experience. The addiction is real. Have fun!
BoxKing (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 07:30 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

I have the Roux and its been a nice helmet for about 80 track days so far. It still feels as good as it did in day 1. It is priced right for the quality and tech. I think i would buy the better helmet now. Its still gonna get u 12+ years of use and by then u will want something new anyways.
BoxKing (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 02:19 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 543 Likes on 287 Posts

BoxKing
give me a bout when you have some time and we can chat about helmets…and track days and Porsches and whatever else comes along!
FYI my wife and I both use Roux helmets and have since 2015. We love the integrated Comms and they just fit well.
Bell M8 is a great helmet but unless you wear glasses you can save $100 and get a K1 Sport. M8 had a bit wider eye port that helps with glasses, and technically they are different materials of build (composite M8 vs fiberglass K1 Sport) but nobody can really tell the difference.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

BoxKing (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 03:27 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Looking for a value priced ppf vendor for a front 996 bumper in the N. De, Phil, West Chester area. I track my car a lot and i dont feel like doing bumper repair every off season.

One billion chips sanded off, just needs 3 more sanding passes, some crack repair and paint.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:47 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 616 Posts

Won't the PPF just have to be redone each season? It gets to looking pretty rough with a lot of chips in it. But I guess that's still easier/cheaper than repainting.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:07 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Looking for a value priced ppf vendor for a front 996 bumper in the N. De, Phil, West Chester area. I track my car a lot and i dont feel like doing bumper repair every off season.

One billion chips sanded off, just needs 3 more sanding passes, some crack repair and paint.
Aaron - give Mickey at Relentless Perfection a call. He does a lot of the RTR cars. Just had him do my 718 for the upcoming season. He's very reasonable - a lot cheaper than Menards and same quality work. No knock on them - both are flawless.

https://www.relentlessperfection.com/

See you at MoE in a couple of weeks to open the season.

And to wdb, PPF holds up pretty well on the track for multiple seasons. Solid debris isn't much of a problem, it's track rubber that burnishes the clear coat on unprotected cars.

BoxKing - this is another prod to sign up for the full three day RTR event at Lightning. You'll get much more out of it than just the Intro. I'll be there (and at every RTR event this season). Look for me in the paddock #82 Cayman agate grey.

Don't cheap on your helmet. Cheaper = heavier = less comfortable and more fatiguing plus more angular momentum in case of accident and increased neck injury risk. You have a $140k car, a few more bucks on a helmet is a no-brainer.

Last edited by ldamelio; 03-02-2024 at 05:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ldamelio:
BoxKing (03-03-2024), wdb (03-02-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 05:53 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Aaron - give Mickey at Relentless Perfection a call. He does a lot of the RTR cars. Just had him do my 718 for the upcoming season. He's very reasonable - a lot cheaper than Menards and same quality work. No knock on them - both are flawless.

https://www.relentlessperfection.com/

See you at MoE in a couple of weeks to open the season.
I wont be at mo-e until the 2nd event. Heading Pittrace 3/23 for instructor training with Alegahnypca. Not sure if ill get motion sick in the passenger seat but im gonna give it a try.

Thanks for the referal.
ldamelio (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 06:06 PM
mpgainer
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the Bell M8. Had it a couple of seasons now. Works well. No complaints. (Forgot to metion that when I replied to your post earlier.)
BoxKing (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 08:41 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
BoxKing
give me a bout when you have some time and we can chat about helmets…and track days and Porsches and whatever else comes along!
FYI my wife and I both use Roux helmets and have since 2015. We love the integrated Comms and they just fit well.
Bell M8 is a great helmet but unless you wear glasses you can save $100 and get a K1 Sport. M8 had a bit wider eye port that helps with glasses, and technically they are different materials of build (composite M8 vs fiberglass K1 Sport) but nobody can really tell the difference.
My Initial reservation about dropping coin on a better helmet was due to the new SNELL2025 helmets being released next year.. new tech, new designs, paired with a fresh 10 years of certification, vs SNELL2020 with just over 5 years left on the CERT. But then I thought.. knowing myself, there is no way I keep a helmet for more than 5 years - I always like to keep getting newer/better products, so ponying up for a quality helmet now makes more sense.

I bought an M8 this time last year in size Large, and it didn’t seem to be the proper snug fit that is desired. I liked it, but at a marginal price point more I can get the coms ready Roux - assuming I’d be a MED. I will call you tomorrow to discuss.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:10 PM
FlatSiix
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone else going to the Caffeine and Gasoline event @ Porsche Warrington tomorrow. It is from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:17 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSiix
Anyone else going to the Caffeine and Gasoline event @ Porsche Warrington tomorrow. It is from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
I can't make it tomorrow but they are great events.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:54 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FlatSiix
I’ll be there around 9, along with a few other 718’ers.

Quick Reply: The Pennsylvania Owners Thread