Notices

Clear Bra Installer

Old 02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra Installer

I'm looking for a Clear Bra installer in South Florida. Palm Beach or Broward County. Would also appreciate information on the approximate cost and how long it takes to complete.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I would recommend champion if you are going to do this so when it starts to yellow you can get warranty service.its a one day job.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know the name of the business, but there is a guy that goes by Pepe that does excellent work in SE Florida. Cost should be around $700 and it should take a few hours depending on how much you get done. Most important is to use an experienced installer... which isn't always the one the dealership uses.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:17 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Autoshell ... 954-941-8040 - leave a message for Ken, he'll call you back. Full front might run about $500(?). Takes a couple hours. A guy will come over to your place to install. I've used him twice and been happy with the work.

Incidentally, earlier someone said something about yellowing. I've had it done on white cars, one over a year ago, and I think some yellowing is inevitable - especially on white.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by Sloth
I don't know the name of the business, but there is a guy that goes by Pepe that does excellent work in SE Florida. Cost should be around $700 and it should take a few hours depending on how much you get done. Most important is to use an experienced installer... which isn't always the one the dealership uses.
Someone else mentioned Pepe. He is at Auto Super Shield in Boca. I plan to take a ride over and speak to him.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by dave morris
Autoshell ... 954-941-8040 - leave a message for Ken, he'll call you back. Full front might run about $500(?). Takes a couple hours. A guy will come over to your place to install. I've used him twice and been happy with the work.

Incidentally, earlier someone said something about yellowing. I've had it done on white cars, one over a year ago, and I think some yellowing is inevitable - especially on white.
Is there any other option on a White car? Other than a redo when it start to turn?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by POINTS
I would recommend champion if you are going to do this so when it starts to yellow you can get warranty service.its a one day job.
Do you mean that Champion will warranty the job? What is covered?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Any work done by champion even if outsourced meets the criteria for a warranty by them.after all you pay champion not the installer .I have complained about my stoneguards just in front of my rear tires being yellow and they will replace them on my first oil change due in a couple of months.I have had no negative experiences with them as of yet...i enjoy the service manager and his honesty.He has talked me out of some things and talked me into others.Currently debating tubi exhaust and headers.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Normank: i gave considerable time and thought to a bra on my car which is white like yours and opted against it purely for the waxing and cleaning aspects of it. i bought a small tube of touch up paint i had ordered for my car and have used it twice on small dings on the nose...no big deal.if my car was black or another dark color maybe i would have gone a different direction.if my stone guards installed by porsche are allready yellowing think what the bra would look like.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I watched a guy at a dealership do the front of a new turbo a few years back ... and asked him what it was going to cost ... and as I recall it was something like $850. If you don't mind paying something in that area, why go anywhere else?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by POINTS
Normank: i gave considerable time and thought to a bra on my car which is white like yours and opted against it purely for the waxing and cleaning aspects of it. i bought a small tube of touch up paint i had ordered for my car and have used it twice on small dings on the nose...no big deal.if my car was black or another dark color maybe i would have gone a different direction.if my stone guards installed by porsche are allready yellowing think what the bra would look like.
Are you driving on the street or do you plan to do any track time? I am planning (at some point) to put it on the track and I'm concerned about what might happen out there without some kind of protection. The "yellowing" issue that comes up quite often, is also a concern.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Im not a good enough driver to take my car to the track.I was told that the bra would not stop dents only paint chips.Im into keeping a pristine beautiful porsche and the bra would drive me crazy.As it is its a pain in the *** to keep the stone guard edges from collecting grime.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by normank
Someone else mentioned Pepe. He is at Auto Super Shield in Boca. I plan to take a ride over and speak to him.

Auto SuperShield
www.AutoSuperShield.com
561-367-0101

I've seen his work several times and have always been impressed. We may bring him over to do a Bentley Flying Spur, Maserati Quatroport, and redo a CGT that was done at another dealership (bug splat under plastic).

My $.02 on yellowing... the newer plastics are better than the older ones. I saw a job this past weekend done by Auto Supershild on a white GT3 that looked great. However, I think longterm it will still show some yellowing. The good thing is it can always be pulled off and redone, which beats a respray anyday in my book.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear Bra Installer