Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 10:14 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
Awesome! going to be a good time.

also my buddy cant make it

Standby list updated, as appropriate....see Post #81.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:05 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Your latest post was a good reminder to check with my friend with the Turbo S again -- he's unfortunately unable to make it... So another spot frees up! I'm still good to go and looking forward to it. Cheers.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:39 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jsalah
Your latest post was a good reminder to check with my friend with the Turbo S again -- he's unfortunately unable to make it... So another spot frees up! I'm still good to go and looking forward to it. Cheers.

Thanks for the update. Post #81 now reflects this change.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:12 PM
dgi 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, very excited.

Norther Jersey and NYC guys, if you want to caravan down, PM me and we'll get organize a meeting point!
Old 05-08-2017, 04:01 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VGM911 (this is an update of Post #81)

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
IF YOU'RE ON THE WAITING LIST, YOU MAY BE CALLED UPON TO FILL AN OPEN SLOT ON THE PARTICIPANT LIST IF WE HAVE ANY CANCELLATIONS.
........................................................................ ........................................................................

COVERED BRIDGE UPDATE
Scheduled date: Saturday, May 20th

Rain date: Sunday, May 21st.

Of Pennsylvania's 219 covered bridges (more than any other state), Bucks County has 12 of them (more than any other county in Pennsylvania). I envision a small group of Porsches making a trip to Bucks County to visit several of these 19th century bridges, leaving from historic Washington Crossing, PA. Although preference is being given to Porsches for this event, there may be room for other marques as well if space is available; however, given the nature of the roads we'll be on, our goal is to keep the group small and manageable in size.

While details are still being finalized, we will likely assemble at 7:30 a.m. in Washington Crossing and depart at 8:00 a.m. We are planning to have breakfast (or brunch) at the conclusion of the drive.

If you want to be included on the WAITING LIST, please confirm:
1) your interest in being included on that list;
2) whether you'd have a passenger; and
3) if you would be staying for breakfast/brunch.

I think we would all benefit if we had another volunteer driver (with navigator) who is familiar with upper Bucks County and who would serve as a group leader, or as a sweeper car (even if driving alone). Maps and route instructions will be available for your use.

I. Here's the PARTICIPANT LIST showing all who have confirmed their attendance:

01. VGM911/strickrn (Boxster). . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [co-planner]
02. spiderv6 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [co-planner]
03. o7silverturbo (911 Turbo). . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast (can also be Sweeper)
04. jsalah (911 4S Cabriolet). . . . . . . . . . . Driver only / Breakfast
05. PhillyGT3 (911 GT3). . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
06. dgi 07 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver only / Breakfast
07. jwerley (911). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
08. FiveRiversGTS (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
09. Plenum (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
10. erko1905 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver only / no Breakfast
11. joedjr (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver only / Breakfast
12. kahane18 (Cayman GT4). . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
13. CarCrazed (911 GT3). . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
14. simchanova (Boxster Spyder). . . . . . . . .Driver / Breakfast

TOTAL: 14 cars and 23 people, with 22 staying for breakfast/brunch.
EDITORIAL COMMENT: Now we're up to eleven 911s, 1 Cayman, and 2 Boxsters - I hope I don't lose you guys in the switchbacks and on the straightaways.

II. This is the WAITING LIST for those who wish to request a space on the PARTICIPANT LIST when a slot opens up due to a cancellation:

01. ChesapeakeTechie (944). . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [can also be a Navigator]
02. it's no e30 (911). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast

III. This is the STANDBY LIST (I'll need confirmation for anyone wishing to transfer to the WAITING LIST):

01. Nick Yoskin (911 GT3 RS)
02. JBT3 (911 4S Cabriolet)
03. Boostede36 (911 4)
04. spiderv6's friend (911)

Please, if you're on any of the lists and know that you can't make it on the scheduled date, let me know so that I can drop your name from the list. Thanks.

Thanks to spiderv6 and o7silverturbo for volunteering to help.

Last edited by VGM911; 05-12-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:46 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm in Jersey City - down for that NYC/NNJ caravan
Old 05-09-2017, 09:38 AM
kahane18
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

VGM

Please post the exact meeting place with an address.

Thank You
Old 05-09-2017, 10:43 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kahane18
VGM

Please post the exact meeting place with an address.

Thank You

We'll provide all the details after we test-run the route this coming Mother's Day weekend, including the place where we'll be having breakfast/brunch.

For now, let's just say that the departure point is in "downtown" Washington Crossing, PA.

P.S. Glad you're coming!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Today, I put the finishing touches on the instruction/route sheet that will be provided to all participants. I'll be testing/checking it this weekend with spiderv6. I think it's very well done, if I say so myself.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:44 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

This is an update of Post #95

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
THOSE ON THE WAITING LIST MAY BE CALLED UPON TO FILL AN OPEN SLOT ON THE PARTICIPANT LIST AS WE HAVE CANCELLATIONS.
........................................................................ ........................................................................

COVERED BRIDGE TOUR UPDATE
Scheduled date: Saturday, May 20th

Rain date: Sunday, May 21st.

THE PREMISE
Of Pennsylvania's 219 covered bridges (more than any other state), Bucks County has 12 of them (more than any other county in Pennsylvania). I envision a small group of Porsches making a trip to Bucks County to visit several of these 19th century bridges, leaving from historic Washington Crossing, PA.

Although preference is being given to Porsches for this event, there may be room for other marques as well if space is available; however, given the nature of the roads we'll be on, our goal is to keep the group small and manageable in size.

THE EVENT
While details are still being finalized, we will likely assemble at 7:15 a.m. in Washington Crossing, have a driver/navigator meeting at 7:40 a.m. and depart at 8:00 a.m. We are planning to have breakfast (or brunch) at the conclusion of the drive.

If you want to be included on the WAITING LIST, please confirm:
1) your interest in being included on that list;
2) whether you'd have a passenger; and
3) if you would be staying for breakfast/brunch.

Look for a private message which will state starting time & place (after spiderv6 and I test-run the route this Mother's Day weekend), including where we'll be having breakfast/brunch. Maps and route instructions will be distributed on the date of the event.

I. Here's the PARTICIPANT LIST (size-limited):

01. VGM911/strickrn (Boxster). . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [co-planner]
02. spiderv6 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [co-planner]
03. o7silverturbo (911 Turbo). . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast (can also be Sweeper)
04. jsalah (911 4S Cabriolet). . . . . . . . . Driver only / Breakfast
05. PhillyGT3 (911 GT3). . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
06. dgi 07 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver only / Breakfast
07. jwerley (911). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
08. FiveRiversGTS (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
09. erko1905 (911 4S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver only / no Breakfast
10. joedjr (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
11. kahane18 (Cayman GT4). . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
12. CarCrazed (911 GT3). . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast

TOTAL: 12 cars and 21 people, with 20 staying for breakfast/brunch.
EDITORIAL COMMENT: Now we're up to ten 911s, 1 Cayman, and 1 Boxster - I hope I don't lose you guys in the switchbacks and on the straightaways.

II. This is the WAITING LIST for those who wish to request a space on the PARTICIPANT LIST when a slot opens up due to a cancellation:

01. simchanova (Boxster Spyder). . . . . . .Driver only / Breakfast
02. Plenum (911 GTS). . . . . . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast
03. ChesapeakeTechie (944). . . . . . . . . . Driver + Passenger / Breakfast [can also be a [B]Navigator]
04. it's no e30 (911). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Driver + Passenger / Breakfast

III. This is the STANDBY LIST (I'll need confirmation for anyone wishing to transfer to the WAITING LIST):

01. Nick Yoskin (911 GT3 RS)
02. JBT3 (911 4S Cabriolet)
03. Boostede36 (911 4)
04. spiderv6's friend (911)

Please, if you're on any of the lists and know that you can't make it on the scheduled date, let me know so that I can drop your name from the list. Thanks.

Thanks to spiderv6 and o7silverturbo for volunteering to help.

Last edited by VGM911; 12-22-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:44 PM
PhillyGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Looking forward to Saturday and meeting everyone!

-Chuck
Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM
PhillyGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry if this was already covered but I just Googled the address and it takes you to a location in New Jersey- Figured this may help a bit?

Washington Crossing Historic Park
1112 River Road
Washington Crossing, PA 18977
(Note that Google Maps provides unreliable directions to the park)
Directions from the South (Philadelphia):
Take I-95 North to Exit 51 (New Hope). At the bottom of the off ramp, make a left onto Taylorsville Road and drive three miles to the second stop light (Rt. 532). Make a right onto Rt. 532 and proceed to the four-way stop sign. Make a left onto Rt. 32 (River Road). The visitor’s center will be on your right. Parking is on your left.
Directions from the North (New York, Northern New Jersey):
Take I-95 South to Exit 51 (the first exit after you cross over the Delaware River). The off ramp will put you onto Taylorsville Road. Drive three miles to the second stop light (Rt. 532). Make a right onto Rt. 532 and proceed to the four-way stop sign. Make a left onto Rt. 32 (River Road). The visitor’s center will be on your right. Parking is on your left.
Directions from the East (New Jersey and shore points):
Take I-195 West. I-195 becomes NJ-29 North. Continue to follow approximately 12 miles until you get to Washington Crossing-Pennington Road. Turn left and cross over Washington Crossing Bridge (note that the bridge is very narrow and has a 3-ton weight limit). Make a right at the four-way stop sign just over the bridge onto Rt. 32 (River Road). The visitor’s center will be on your right. Parking is on your left.
Directions from the West (Harrisburg):
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike to Exit 351 (Route 1). Take Route 1 north to 1-95. Take I-95 north to Exit 51 (New Hope). At the bottom of the off ramp, make a left onto Taylorsville Road and drive three miles to the second stop light (Rt. 532). Make a right onto Rt. 532 and proceed to the four-way stop sign. Make a left onto Rt. 32 (River Road). The visitor’s center will be on your right. Parking is on your left.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:09 PM
joedjr
Track Day

Great time today even with a little drizzle. It was nice meeting you all. Here are some pictures to enjoy. Thanks VGM911 for planning the event.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:14 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

It was great to meet everyone today. Thanks to VGM911 for the impeccable organization and well curated route. A bit unlucky on the weather but I really did not mind a bit of slippery here and there.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:14 PM
dgi 07
Racer

VGM911, thank you for organizing a great event. Had a blast and was honor to meet all of you. See you on the next ride!

Quick Reply: 2017 Spring Fling - Covered Bridge Tour and Lunch