Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 10:44 PM
Belezar
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More confirmation documents today for a September 9 pick up. I think if you don’t have a production delay, you’re likely good. assuming you’re vaccinated. It’s hard to know what the supply chain will look like 6+ months from now but it should be fine.

Last edited by Belezar; 07-20-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:13 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my Panamera turbo s turismo on July 14th in zuffenhausen. Was originally scheduled for June 6th & cancelled. Factory tour is still closed, the new delivery center is very nice. They said I was the third American to take delivery there since the pandemic started which is strange. The factory insurance now starts two days before pickup so make sure to calculate that into the number of days you need it for. PCNA didn’t know that. The tape they are using still doesn’t stick the plates to the car very well. This is my fourth ED and I redo the plates every time. Bring your own 3m double side trim tape and some scissors just in case. Will post a new thread about a new (better) clear bra option for Stuttgart pickups if you are traveling towards Munich.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spartan:
aggie57 (07-22-2021), Belezar (07-22-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 11:18 AM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Picked up my Panamera turbo s turismo on July 14th in zuffenhausen. Was originally scheduled for June 6th & cancelled. Factory tour is still closed, the new delivery center is very nice. They said I was the third American to take delivery there since the pandemic started which is strange. The factory insurance now starts two days before pickup so make sure to calculate that into the number of days you need it for. PCNA didn’t know that. The tape they are using still doesn’t stick the plates to the car very well. This is my fourth ED and I redo the plates every time. Bring your own 3m double side trim tape and some scissors just in case. Will post a new thread about a new (better) clear bra option for Stuttgart pickups if you are traveling towards Munich.
Anxious to hear your thoughts about PPF for ED. I have been considering picking up in Zuffenhausen, driving to Prague and returning to Leipzig and am worried about getting any nicks before I get the car home and wrapped with Xpel. I was thinking about takings some Trackwrap temporary film with me but I have never installed it before and am a little worried about how difficult it might be to install and then to remove prior to shipping the car back home. Interested to hear your thoughts about a clear bra and also happy to hear anyone else's thoughts as well.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:21 AM
Belezar
Intermediate

Are German roads that much worse than anywhere else in Europe? All this talk about wrapping! I have no plans to wrap but I don’t worry nicks at any time. I know plenty of car folks though who are super picky though who won’t drive on gravel, avoid dust, etc. I’m more of a let the rain clean my car kinda guy.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:23 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Belezar
Are German roads that much worse than anywhere else in Europe? All this talk about wrapping! I have no plans to wrap but I don’t worry nicks at any time. I know plenty of car folks though who are super picky though who won’t drive on gravel, avoid dust, etc. I’m more of a let the rain clean my car kinda guy.
I drove the Alpine Road and some autobahn plus the Black Forest back in 2019 and don't think I got a single rock chip. Their roads are pristine. I'm doing ED in October and am wondering if I should TracWrap as well though since I plan to go to Switzerland and Austria and maybe Italy as well. I've never been to those countries.
The following users liked this post:
Belezar (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 03:07 AM
hashp
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Belezar

I would say no. Drove for 2.5 years when living in Germany. All over Germany, Denmark, Austria and not a single mark on my BMW wagon.
The following users liked this post:
Belezar (07-30-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 02:21 AM
Targat2017
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Help!

*I'm putting the cash now for ED. is ED cancelled or non-existent or many-many delays.?

So... what's the delivery date if the deposit is done non/end of August? Or is it a wish for ED?
Stick w/ USA delivery?

DavidA
'15 4GTS
'11 GTS
'11 C2S
'07 T4
Old 08-22-2021, 11:50 AM
incursion
Racer

I'm on for 10/18, but my original date was in September.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:28 PM
incursion
Racer

They just canceled factory tours for the rest of the year.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:35 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 158 Posts

Hi all,

Just ordered a Panamera 4 E-hybrid for German delivery. It's been 30 years since I lived there and I can't wait to go back and hit the Autobahn. Couple of tips from Joey - there is a strict 8 week limit from ready to pick up to actual pick up at Stuttgart, but they have more room and can store it longer at Leipzig. This was important to me because I don't want to pick it up in the middle of winter, although my brain may explode waiting to do so! Seems like everything at Leipzig is open, track, etc., and for now, near normal ops.

It's my 6th Porsche, 3rd driven in Germany, but first new one. I had an 18 month old German spec '88 911 coupe that was always my favorite and I think the Panny is even faster. I always wondered who the nuts were that bought the brand new 911s and sold them to me for half price, now I know. It's the guys who have about one more sports car left in them and want to do it right

Planned route looks something like Leipzig, Ljubljana, Trieste, Ferrara, Bologna, Bavaria, Stuttgart drop off with factor tour if open.

I am so DAMN excited. People are really sick of my talking about my new car. Just wait until winter...
Old 08-29-2021, 04:03 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I have to pick late November as earliest for ED on a PTS GT3. Was going to try to push it back as far as possible and then store it there after pick up for warmer weather in the spring. What’s the longest I can expect to push back delivery?
Old 08-29-2021, 11:41 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I have to pick late November as earliest for ED on a PTS GT3. Was going to try to push it back as far as possible and then store it there after pick up for warmer weather in the spring. What’s the longest I can expect to push back delivery?
The ED POC in Atlanta told me it was a strict eight week maximum at Stuttgart but that Leipzig could hold cars for 3-4 months due to more room. I have an early Jan ED that I hope to move to end of March. YMMV.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:48 AM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by orca15
Seems like everything at Leipzig is open, track, etc., and for now, near normal ops.
That was short lived. Factory tours are canceled to the end of the year in Leipzig as of last Wednesday. I’m picking up in a couple of days.

Last edited by VoodooUomo; 08-30-2021 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:03 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I did ED I brought expel track tape for gt3rs. Was taking it to the ring for a couple track days. My wife and I, mostly wife spent 4 hrs applying it to the front end and half of the hood. Didn’t take off until til after I picked it up from my dealer in late June.

Scuderia S7 at Nordschleife
Old 10-25-2021, 12:29 PM
carloshermo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if you were able to have your ED in September
Some dealers say it is open some say it is not, hard to know the truth

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?