Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche Owners Experience - L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 12:55 AM
ctilly
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Porsche Owners Experience - L.A.

Has anyone tried the Porsche Owners Experience in L.A.? I’m very tempted but an new to my 993 (first Porsche) and have never tracked it. I’d love to have the pros teach me how to drive it better but is that what the POE is about or is it intended for experienced drivers to fine tune?
Old 12-09-2020, 01:01 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 366 Posts

I believe it is set up to drive their cars only. it showcases the new cars. I have not driven there (time did not allow) yet but visited and it is an incredible facility.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:09 PM
ctilly
Advanced

Hi Turbo,

for limited time the LA location is allowing owners of stock 1990 and newer to drive the track:
https://www.porschedriving.com/los-a...r%20experience
Old 12-11-2020, 01:52 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,693 Likes on 1,428 Posts

I was there today, with my 992. We live 30 minutes away and its the 3rd time I’ve been there, the first time using my own car. They’re really professional, you get 1-to-1 instruction throughout and the instructors are really great. Before COVID they rode in the car with you, now they’re in their own car which you follow and communicate via radio.

They take time to tailor your program to suit both your experience and preferences. It’s a great experience, highly recommend it.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:12 PM
ctilly
Advanced

Thanks, Aggie. I’m going for it! Very cool part of the larger Porsche experience. My interaction with the rep on the phone was very positive. I only hope the experience is a good fit for a noob like me
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (12-11-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 05:24 PM
BritinSF
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Ctilly, you will have a blast. They will work with your existing level of experience and add to it, while having fun. I went did three different experiences, to determine which Porsche I wanted to buy. I did the mid vs rear, 2 vs 4 and topped the day off with the GT3. Fantastic.

I specifically asked that I have the same instructor for all three sessions, my reasoning was to avoid any ramp up time of the instructor understanding my capabilities for each session. Not saying I am driving god, but wanted to continue to build on the previous sessions and not lose time to the orientation etc. the instructor was great and really understood where I was coming from. I can still hear feel the GT3 engine and brings a smile to my face. I was on late to the party to get GT3 allocation, but I am on the list for the next one. Waiting delivery of my Cayman GTS 4.0 which I will be doing at the PEC LA to keep me busy in the meantime.

cheers.

Last edited by BritinSF; 12-19-2020 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 12-19-2020, 09:36 PM
ctilly
Advanced

Nice, Brit. Sounds awesome. 2021 GT3? Hoky smokes, brother. If your in SF I’d say we should go driving sometime but you might get pretty bored waiting for me to catch up at Pescadero market 😄

I’ll be sure to post pics and a review when I get back. Super excited! Frankly I’m a bit surprised there isn’t more interest here for the Owners Experience. Not sure if you can do that anywhere outside of LA.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:17 AM
BritinSF
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Ha, yes I am in SF and love the roads around pescadero. Not certain I will be lucky enough to get a GT3, hoping to get touring version delivered in Europe in 2022 to coincide with a big birthday. The GTS on the other hand is for sure, dealer confirmed allocation today and pending COVID stuff will deliver in LA or locally.

Old 12-20-2020, 02:48 AM
ctilly
Advanced

I hear the GTS is something special. You are going to have a blast! So rad that you got to test everything out first. Happy trails
Old 01-15-2021, 09:00 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm considering ordering a Boxster GTS for PECLA delivery, Followed by a week long west coast tour. Then ship the car home to Tennessee. I would love some Rennlister suggestions for any routes, roads to link together, destinations, etc...
Thanks
Old 01-16-2021, 01:54 AM
ctilly
Advanced

I’m going to do the same following Porsche Owners experience and basically hug the coast LA to SF. 90% is on HWY 1 👍🏼
The following 2 users liked this post by ctilly:
BritinSF (01-16-2021), fjpdds (01-16-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 03:14 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Has anyone done the "Master the Manual" courses? Do they end up giving you any specific pointers? I was set to do one last year, but then COVID happened. I'm looking at doing one again in a few months, but wondering if I shouldn't just take one of the PDK cars for my first time there, then do the advanced 4 hour course at some point.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:54 PM
ctilly
Advanced

I haven’t heard of that but it sounds awesome! Is that by Porsche or indie?

in the meantime you can try a variation of my manual mastery training. Just place a full to-go beverage on some flat surface and try not to spill it 🙂
Old 02-28-2021, 06:18 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by ctilly
I haven’t heard of that but it sounds awesome! Is that by Porsche or indie?

in the meantime you can try a variation of my manual mastery training. Just place a full to-go beverage on some flat surface and try not to spill it 🙂
They’re at the PEC, looks like on a GT4.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:11 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,693 Likes on 1,428 Posts

I’ve done it but some time back. We used a GT4 and a manual 991.2 C2S, I’d done the GT3 / Turbo session previously. I guess it helped because I knew the layout and venue but thats all. you really don’t need to do it first.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owners Experience - L.A.