Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Fire Extinguisher

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 06:54 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Fire Extinguisher

Getting ready to drop off car tomorrow...I had to sign doc with hte ED papers saying they will remove fire extinguisher. It was in the car when picked up in Leipzig. Wondering if the shipping Co will take it out??

Other option is I take it out but then what? I don't think you can put it in your checked luggage?

Any input appreciated. Had a great time with my RS in Germany
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (06-02-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Joe250
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 57 Posts

This was discussed earlier. The EU was worried about people smuggling things inside the fire extinguisher. My sources tell me there were gangs in Eastern Europe sawing open the extinguisher bodies, removing the contents, then re-sealing the bottles with slightly smaller fire extinguishers hidden inside. This had to be stopped.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (06-02-2023)
Old 06-02-2023, 09:06 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,543 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister
Getting ready to drop off car tomorrow...I had to sign doc with hte ED papers saying they will remove fire extinguisher. It was in the car when picked up in Leipzig. Wondering if the shipping Co will take it out??

Other option is I take it out but then what? I don't think you can put it in your checked luggage?

Hey! I am at the airport as we speak waiting for my flight to Europe for My ED trip! I am in the same boat as you, ordered the extinguisher, it will be in the car, and then the Port is expected to remove it either in Emden or Stateside... Dealer will refund the cost, but there is always a chance they dont remove it too.
I asked about shipping options, and no one wanted to ship it because you cant put them on airplanes.
I was able to source a brand new OEM Gloria extinguisher (same that comes in all the 911 lineup) from a Rennlister... I suggest buying a second one and have it ready for when you car gets stateside just in case.
Would love to hear more about your trip, my journey with the car will start on Monday
Old 06-02-2023, 04:34 PM
Chadds
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 19 Posts

I dropped min in Stuttgart last Summer. We put the extinguisher behind the passenger seat converted by the floor mat and it made it back to the USA

Originally Posted by porschemeister

The following 2 users liked this post by Chadds:
porschemeister (06-06-2023), wdr911 (02-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher