Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Gentian Blue 911 Carrera T Leipzig Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
SAC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride and thank you for the detailed write-up!!! After all the driving in various conditions in Europe, retrospectively do you think it was okay to not have the PPF until the car arrived back in US? I am still debating whether to have PPF done on the car before ED trip starts or just wait until the car arrives back home, so I am wondering what you think based on the your experience. Thank you for your time.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:28 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 733 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by SAC
Congrats on the new ride and thank you for the detailed write-up!!! After all the driving in various conditions in Europe, retrospectively do you think it was okay to not have the PPF until the car arrived back in US? I am still debating whether to have PPF done on the car before ED trip starts or just wait until the car arrives back home, so I am wondering what you think based on the your experience. Thank you for your time.
Thanks. If I could do it over I'd still run 2300 miles in 16 days in Europe with no PPF. I got a few pinprick chips on the nose that weren't even visible until I got PPF a couple weeks after US delivery but even now they're not easy to find. There was simply no way I was wasting any of my 16 days waiting for a German PPF installer to do their thing (esp after waiting over 5 months just to get those 16 days of European driving in my new 911).
Old 01-12-2024, 03:29 AM
SAC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely! I wouldn't want to waste time waiting for PPF to be done as well. And even if time isn't an issue, I still can't find an installer near either pickup locations that can do an installation that would wrap the edges. Everything I have seen so far is precut and no edge wrap. But if anyone knows of any installer in Leipzig or Zuffenhausen that does edge wrap ppf please pass along the info. Congrats again on the sweet ride!
Old 01-18-2024, 03:39 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 943 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by SAC
The streets of Germany are very clean, not like NA.

I had no wrap on mine and I got a couple of tiny chips on the hood. These were touched up when they did the PPF here, you can't even see them now.

The following 2 users liked this post by Angryinch:
Mike981S (01-28-2024), SAC (01-18-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 09:42 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Did the car get a lot of attention in Germany? I feel like most cars I see over there are of the more mundane variety.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:01 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 966 Likes on 429 Posts

Glad you had a nice trip. You looked a little annoyed at pickup, we talked that day as we also had plate issues! I was one of the 3 guys picking up a 4RS that morning, our friend in the white car also didn’t have plates.

I dropped my car off back at Leipzig same day as you, but mine didn’t return to USA for 2.5 months! I live in Midwest, not Cali. For some reason takes a long time to return with Leipzig drop off.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 07:25 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Snareman
Did the car get a lot of attention in Germany? I feel like most cars I see over there are of the more mundane variety.
In my experience, the cars get the most attention in Italy. The Germans and Swiss mainly glance at you. If they are car people they may nod and wave, otherwise they will glare or just not care. In Italy, I had people ask if my 981 BS was a new Ferrari, and when I parked my GT4 in front of the Ferrari museum to take some pictures in Maranello, I had people ask to sit in it and take pictures, and you will hear them shout "Che bella macchina".
Stespa (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Stespa
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
… "Che bella macchina".
Being Italian I can confirm that we do get compliments. I still love when kids cross the street and stop right in the middle of the road pointing at me with wide eyes open and scream “mamma, guarda una Porsche” (“mum, look, a Porsche”). I smile and wave back all to the times and if nobody is around I am happy to rev it a bit for the joy of the kid
Mike981S (01-28-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 10:12 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by Snareman
No, no one noticed or cared - and neither did I.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:19 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by disden
Glad you had a nice trip. You looked a little annoyed at pickup, we talked that day as we also had plate issues! I was one of the 3 guys picking up a 4RS that morning, our friend in the white car also didn’t have plates.

I dropped my car off back at Leipzig same day as you, but mine didn’t return to USA for 2.5 months! I live in Midwest, not Cali. For some reason takes a long time to return with Leipzig drop off.
Yea, I rem we discussed that over a few PMs - I was def not happy with the Leipzig folks! I do rem you said your buddy in the white one suffered the same fate the day after me - Leipzig delivery folks suck! Sorry to hear your return trip took so long - I was very lucky to get mine home so fast (Sindelfingen drop-off).

Last edited by bobert75; 01-29-2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:05 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 400 Posts

Great write up and thanks for sharing. Always a dream for me but alas my recent order of a Cayenne S e hybrid wasn't eligible to do so. Maybe one day. Enjoy the car. Looks great and awesome pics too!
bobert75 (03-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Gentian Blue 911 Carrera T Leipzig Delivery