Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Extra $ for insurance & drop off?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 01:00 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra $ for insurance & drop off?

Does anyone know what it costs for additional insurance days and if you drop it off somewhere besides Zuffenhausen? Is Leipzig drop off free?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:25 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by otisdog
Does anyone know what it costs for additional insurance days and if you drop it off somewhere besides Zuffenhausen? Is Leipzig drop off free?
No extra charge for Leipzig. The photo of the price list for other locations is the second to last photo of the first post in this link: Phase I

I didn't get an exact price for the extra days insurance but was told that an extra week "would cost a few hundred [US dollars]"
Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I was estimated about an extra $250 per week, for my GT4 ED that is coming up.

Also, you may want to consider a Leipzig pickup (with the track) and Zuff dropoff. My understanding is that you could still do tour and museum upon dropoff, but you would get the track experience at pickup as well.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trebien
I think I was estimated about an extra $250 per week, for my GT4 ED that is coming up.

Also, you may want to consider a Leipzig pickup (with the track) and Zuff dropoff. My understanding is that you could still do tour and museum upon dropoff, but you would get the track experience at pickup as well.
Just an update that Zuffenhausen policy has changed and they are no longer accepting drop-offs of Leipzig-delivered cars. There is an alternate drop located closer to the Stuttgart airport though (Sindelfingen) for a fee.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:53 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Just an update that Zuffenhausen policy has changed and they are no longer accepting drop-offs of Leipzig-delivered cars. There is an alternate drop located closer to the Stuttgart airport though (Sindelfingen) for a fee.
There probably will be all kinds of 'policy changes' as they scramble to increase their bottom line to bail out VW...this one is a real bad case of nickel-and-dime'ing.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM
roup1
Advanced

Originally Posted by otisdog
Does anyone know what it costs for additional insurance days
My dealer provided me with this chart for extra the insurance charge. This is current as of March 2016.
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 497 Posts

If you have access to USAA, they can provide insurance at a fraction of the cost that Porsche does. I kept my car in Europe for almost 6 months that way.

Quick Reply: Extra $ for insurance & drop off?