Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

$3000 fee for Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:18 PM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $3000 fee for Euro Delivery

Hi, I am trying to arrange my fist ED with Porsche. I've reached out to a few different dealers and each one has brought up the $3000 fee that PCNA charges to its dealers and that they need to build that into the selling price. On principal, I get that. But I also thought that the dealer gets an extra allocation to make up for the ED. None of them are willing to consider the extra allocation in working my deal.

It seems to me that it was more transparent when the ED fee was a retail fee that was added to the price of the car.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:02 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

This is an extremely frustrating issue. Especially for anyone who has experience with BMW's program.

I learned that the ED charge is not on the invoice of the car, per se. It's a separate line item to the dealership every month. This way, it doesn't impact the sales commission. And yes, the dealer does get an extra allocation of a like car. However, if you purchase, for example, a GT car, the dealership most likely will not get another GT allocation, but rather a more standard 911. In my case, I've got a GT4 ordered, and the dealer will most likely get another base Cayman allocation for the sale.

And if your dealer is charging a market-adjustment (over MSRP), then it's highly unlikely you'll get ED for free. The cost the dealer pays is $3000/car. They will most likely expect you to pay it - if they allow it all.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:49 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It use to be $7500 I think a few years ago as a point of reference.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:17 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
It use to be $7500 I think a few years ago as a point of reference.
No, it was about the same, but the buyer paid. Then they abolished the program and then it came back as 'free'. Dealers hate it, as evidenced by many of them refusing the option... I offered to pay for it in the same sentence that I requested it.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:04 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by otisdog
No, it was about the same, but the buyer paid. Then they abolished the program and then it came back as 'free'. Dealers hate it, as evidenced by many of them refusing the option... I offered to pay for it in the same sentence that I requested it.
You are probably correct. However, I do remember it being a tier pricing with GT3 & Turbo cars costing the most.. by my search looks like $4k for a GT3 and less for normal 911 -$2,250. Rarely do you remember things being less than they use to be..

I'd hunt for a discount on the order myself. Take the total deal into consideration.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I'd hunt for a discount on the order myself. Take the total deal into consideration.
Yup, my 3% off just about covers it.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:41 PM
roup1
Advanced

Thanks for all the feedback. I have done numerous BMW EDs and they are much more straightforward.

The best deal that I've managed so far is to get about 2.5% off MSRP (including the ED fee) on a Macan S.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:25 PM
djantlive
Drifting

That's pretty lame for Porsche. For Mercedes, the dealers will discount 7% off of msrp for euro delivery. I think they save taxes importing a used car into US.

For GT cars, some dealers will split the difference on euro delivery.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:34 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djantlive
That's pretty lame for Porsche. For Mercedes, the dealers will discount 7% off of msrp for euro delivery. I think they save taxes importing a used car into US.

For GT cars, some dealers will split the difference on euro delivery.
BMW is similar, you can see the discounted pricing on their website.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:47 PM
roup1
Advanced

BMW recently reduced the ED discount to 5% (from 7%). But that's just a starting point. Since their ED cars don't come out of the dealer's allocation, many dealers will do an aggressive $500-$1000 over ED invoice. I've gotten some deals that are up to 13% off the US MSRP.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:52 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 998 Posts

I got 5% off plus ED on my 981 in 2013. I am expecting the same deal on my 911 next year.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

I did european delivery a couple weeks ago. My dealer did not charge me any extra fee. They also did not make me put up the VAT money. Shop around...
Old 05-09-2016, 11:04 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juniordrums
I did european delivery a couple weeks ago. My dealer did not charge me any extra fee. They also did not make me put up the VAT money. Shop around...
I never heard of charging an extra fee. Doing European deliver June 7 with no extra fees and my dealer did not require a deposit for the VAT.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by juniordrums
Originally Posted by skuplist
I never heard of charging an extra fee. Doing European deliver June 7 with no extra fees and my dealer did not require a deposit for the VAT.

This isn't about any extra fees. No fee is charged. The dealership has to pay $3000 to PCNA for your ED and they get another allocation in return . Ostensibly, it is a zero cost option to you and that is how PCNA advertises it. However, the practical reality is that the dealership is much less willing to negotiate a good deal with you since the $3000 is cutting into his profit.

I also did not pay any VAT in advance, nor did I have to put any money down either. That was nice.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:58 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealers don't have a lot of European delivery slots so I don't think they consider a major cost for them. I'm picking up my Spyder so no discount with European delivery or if I just did a regular US delivery. Lucky just to get an allocation.

Quick Reply: $3000 fee for Euro Delivery