Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Off to Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 04:37 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

How was your experience with the wrap guys, Swabenfolio? Did he/they come to pick-up your car on your delivery day? That's my plan. I'm very sad I will not be the first to drive it.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:27 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 224 Likes on 145 Posts

I just returned fro ED, picked up my GT4. I didn't do any paint protection, and my car is black.

EU roads are in much better shape then ours. Don't stress the clear. Just drive and enjoy the car. When it arrives take it to the detailer and clear guy and have them work their magic. We did 2500kms and the paint looked great when I dropped it off.

if you going through Switzerland don't forget to get your sticker, it's 40 Francs.
Don't speed in Switzerland as they don't mark their speed cameras. France is really tight on speeding too but they give you notice half the time about speeding cameras. We got nailed in Mont Blanc, which had a 44 Euro toll BTW.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:57 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
How was your experience with the wrap guys, Swabenfolio? Did he/they come to pick-up your car on your delivery day? That's my plan. I'm very sad I will not be the first to drive it.
Same plan here. I might drive it to them though because my factory tour is after noon.

How was Schwabenfolia's work wrapping the edges?

All the quotes where I live are comparable to their price including the tax and exchange rate although around here it's mostly custom work whereas they do all precuts.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:59 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Duplicate post. Deleted.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked in at the Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin this afternoon after red-eye Phila to Frankfurt and high speed train to Stuttgart. Lots of learning experiences but no problems. This hotel is very nice and I recommend it so far. GT4 pickup is tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:27 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
I was a little reluctant, but now I am so glad I did it. The guys at SchwabenFolia are as good, or better, than anyone you will deal with in the states. If you were going to have it installed in the USA anyways, I can not see any reason not to do it with these guys.

The guys waited for me to call them and tell them when to meet at the factory. I did the paperwork and called Sandro's cell when I knew I was close to being done. I drove out of the delivery place, down the ramp, and into the visitor parking lot (about 100 feet away). I walked back inside to the receiving room and the Schwabenfolia guys were there waiting. I handed them the key and they left.

I went to the factory tour, then to the museum across the street. I was done there about 2pm. I took a taxi to schwabenFolia and asked how much longer. They said about an hour, and offered to drive me to a coffee cafe. I went, ate a bite, had coffee, and they picked me back up when the car was complete.

Here's an interesting tidbit...

The guys charge you the standard price, plus the European-required VAT tax. That's a lot of extra money. However, if you own a business in the USA, you are not required to pay the VAT. The guys told me that, then said the only way anyone would know if I owned a business or not would be if they somehow had all of my personal information. I paid in cash, they had not address or other info about me, and the receipt was filled out to just my name (no address). I wonder if I paid the VAT tax...
Old 04-24-2016, 08:13 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Crossing bridge in Munich

Grand Plaza in Munich

Outside Neuschwanstein

Hotel view Innsbruck, Austria
Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed. Have fun!

I was wondering if I was squeezing too much into my trip, so will be interested in your experience.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

just checked in to Hilton Garden Inn near Milan. By far, the best value I've had yet. Inexpensive room in new modern hotel. Giant parking garage, with spaces big enough for large SUVs. Two minutes to metro station and short ride to everything you'd want to see.

They have laundry machines for our use too!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:02 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

SchwabenFolia...

Old 04-25-2016, 05:06 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Old 04-26-2016, 04:33 AM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that color! Congrats!!!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:07 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fabulous 911. Man you are getting me excited for my pick up ... (about 4 weeks).

CERN - nice!

The wrap looks to be well-done: how much (was die Kosten)?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:34 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great shots of the wrap. What's your overall impression - edges, quality of application? I have mine scheduled in for when I pick it up.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:22 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Originally Posted by 917k
Fabulous 911. Man you are getting me excited for my pick up ... (about 4 weeks).

CERN - nice!

The wrap looks to be well-done: how much (was die Kosten)?
Best 1650 Euros a guy could spend...

Quick Reply: Off to Stuttgart