Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Off to Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 03:26 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to Stuttgart

Flying out tomorrow, for pickup wednesday. Here's a rough itinerary...

19 - arrive, hotel, beers...
20 - pickup, xpel install, factory tour, museum tour, pickup from xpel guy, local fun trip.
21-22 non-planned driving with girlfriend's son, gotta find out if switzerland is gonna work, maybe do the Nurburg ring, end up in Munich eve of 22.
23 - drop boy at Munich airport, pick up his mom (they see each other for about 30 mins), tour linderhoff and Neuschwanstein, stay in Fussen or Innbrook.
24-25 Venice, then drive to Milan.
26 - See the Deumo and Last Supper painting, head south to Rome.
26-28 Rome, day trip to Amalfi coast, drive toward Pisa (staying somewhere?)
29- Brunch in Pisa, then road trip with another couple on ED, to Sienna for Italian class and dinner, back to Rome.
30- drop girlfriend at airport, plan remainder of the next few days, before ending up in stuttgart sometime the first week of May
Old 04-17-2016, 03:57 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

29th should have said "Italian cooking class"
Old 04-19-2016, 12:44 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds fantastic. Please keep us up to date as your holiday unfolds. And don't forget pictures!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:16 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

I got to the hotel this morning about 10am. They said my room would be ready in about an hour. We walked down the "main" street, where all the shopping stuff is. We sat at a bistro outside, and had a baguette and drink. Got back to hotel about 11:30 and took a long nap. This evening we walked around a bit and did some people watching. Quick dinner, then back to hotel. Here's what I know...

Lots of construction down here, around the main train station. Traffic would be a nightmare during rush hour. Both hotels are very close to each other. I chose the AM Schlossgarten. It is nice, but far from fancy (for a "5 star"). They have very secure underground parking, if you stay for a couple days. Parking is 19 Euro. I would recommend using hotel valet, as the garage is underground and complicated. The wifi is free and works well. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. For whatever reason, Netflix works on wifi. I want to arrive at Porsche by 8am tomorrow, so the hotel has a taxi ready to pick me up at 7:30. And so it begins...
Old 04-19-2016, 04:36 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

I was told that my drop-off, in August, would not be possible at the factory as normal, as there is major construction going on at the factory. So please ask as to what exactly they are building. My hunch is that they may be expanding for production of the Mission-E sports car. But, who knows?

Another couple of queries would be how long production will run for the GT4 and the GT3 RS. Some on these forums are speculating that there will be 2017 models. So please ask and let us know if you see either of these cars on the assembly line. It would also be interesting to hear about PTS cars seen on the line.

Pictures!
Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
I was told that my drop-off, in August, would not be possible at the factory as normal, as there is major construction going on at the factory. So please ask as to what exactly they are building. My hunch is that they may be expanding for production of the Mission-E sports car. But, who knows?

Another couple of queries would be how long production will run for the GT4 and the GT3 RS. Some on these forums are speculating that there will be 2017 models. So please ask and let us know if you see either of these cars on the assembly line. It would also be interesting to hear about PTS cars seen on the line.

Pictures!
None of the PTS cars on the assembly line today. Speculation about the GT4 and GT3RS is incorrect. The last of those will be built by fall, and no plan for any 2017 models.

They have started the construction you referred to. It is in fact, the assembly area for the new electric car.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

She looks great! 6 more days for me!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:53 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Beautiful car! Enjoy it to the max!!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:41 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Crossing the border into Switzerland was a non-issue. They didn't even stop us, but we rolled through the checkpoint about 10mph.

Spend last night near Zurich, then spent today driving to Geneva and touring the CERN facility and the large Hadron collider (nerd alert).

Now headed back to Lucerne for the evening. Good thing McDonalds has free wifi...
Old 04-21-2016, 10:44 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Control room for Atlas, in the CERN complex
Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

small town between Geneva and Lucerne...
Old 04-21-2016, 06:21 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Old 04-21-2016, 07:31 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by juniordrums
Crossing the border into Switzerland was a non-issue. They didn't even stop us, but we rolled through the checkpoint about 10mph.

Spend last night near Zurich, then spent today driving to Geneva and touring the CERN facility and the large Hadron collider (nerd alert).

Now headed back to Lucerne for the evening. Good thing McDonalds has free wifi...
Glad to hear! How's your front plate mounted and is it centered?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Not centered. I used the Porsche-provided temporary mount. Works great, and no issues...

Actually that's not true. Since the front plate is off-center, it covers one of the parking sensors. That means each time you start the car, you have to push the button overhead, to turn off the warning tone. The rear camera still comes on and the rear section turns red when you get close to something. The front has to be judged manually for now...
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great info Please post tons of pics and details of your trip

Quick Reply: Off to Stuttgart