Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Delivery!

Ordered last August.
Delivery set for tomorrow, April 26 in Zuffenhausen.
Well optioned 2016 Boxster GTS.
More to come on the experience but off to a mixed start...

Flight out of Atlanta - 3.5 hours after takeoff had an engine problem and had to return to Atlanta. 10 hour delay getting to Stuttgart. Fortunately we had a day in hand so other than a slight inconvenience no problem. Delta Airlines was more than accommodating and handling everything professionally. Kudos to them.

Staying tonight at the Steinberger Graf Zeppelin. They put us in the Presidential Suite, which sort of makes up for the travel delays.

Delivery set for 10AM tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattymac
They put us in the Presidential Suite, which sort of makes up for the travel delays.

Delivery set for 10AM tomorrow.
Awesome! Sure hope you're staying more than one night, so you can fully enjoy it.

Congrats on the car.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the cigar lounge at the Graf Zeppelin right now. Picked up the GT4 yesterday, today did 330 km.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome!! Keep posting.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Pickup went very well. Lots of snow falling this morning in Stuttgart but it stopped by the time we took the car out. More on the snow below.
Started with the factory tour, which was really nice. Max was our tour guide and is an engineering student, so he was able to provide lots of technical info. I particularly liked the marriage portion where the chassis and power train come together. Everything we saw on the line were 2017 models. Also the windshield attachment was really cool to see - robot choreography that would make a dance instructor proud.
Tour lasted close to two hours and then we had lunch, which was fantastic. Small menu but everything was delicious. My tour group decided to eat together and we had an excellent view of the museum entrance. Great bunch of Porsche enthusiasts.
Took delivery right after lunch. Great walk through of the car by Ronnie. Signed some paperwork and off we went. Despite my request, all season loaner tires were not fitted to the car. Front plate was temporarily mounted to the tow hook hole.
Parked the car and went to the museum. Then off to Schluchsee where we are staying tonight. On the drive down it began to snow again with increasing intensity. Speed dropped considerably. On the B roads to Schluchsee the snow began to cover the roads. The car was sliding on any uphill grade. Speed was about 15mph for several miles. Finally made it to the hotel, where wifi isn't working. I'll post pictures when I can. Hopefully the weather will be warmer and the roads better when we head out in the morning towards Italy.
Patrick
Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Delivery!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^ Good lord Gorgeous.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great looking car - congrats! Sounds like you sure are having an adventure I would have thought that the snow would be done by now!

What's your proposed route down to and through Italy?
Old 04-27-2016, 03:18 AM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Agree 100% on the factory tour. An amazingly complicated but very quiet multi-floor assembly line. We drove north to Culmberg castle and Rothenberg walled city, country roads on some of the return trip. Snow but not on the roads so speed never slackened.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

At the museum.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Terry L - sorry we missed you. We left Stuttgart right after delivery and headed to Schluchsee (about 2 hours south of Stuttgart), where it was snowing. Stayed at the Seehotel Hubertus. Nice place - great breakfast. Woke up this morning to 5" of snow. Fortunately the roads were clear.

Heading from Schluchsee, Germany to Italy.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:07 PM
roup1
Advanced

Gorgeous! Awesome photo in front of the museum!!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Route through Italy is:
1. Monterosso (Cinque Terre) for 2 nights.
2. Head to Pisa for brunch with Juniordrums, his lady and his new 911S - Followed by a fast drive to Siena for Italian cooking class.
3. Next stop is Positano for 4 nights. Amalfi Coast road!!
4. Up to Modena to check out some other fast cars for 2 nights.
5. Como for 2 nights.
6. Back to Stuttgart for drop off.

Hope we have enough energy left to make it back!

Drove 8+ hours today. Still need to find the best position in the seat. The car is simply amazing.
Italian drivers exceed the speed limit by large margins. I disabled the satnav speed alert after leaving Switzerland.
Btw, we crossed into Switzerland on a small road and couldn't find a Vignette right away. Stopped and asked at several places and eventually found them at the post office. Apparently that's the best place to go but I should have ordered online in advance.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattymac
Route through Italy is:
1. Monterosso (Cinque Terre) for 2 nights.
2. Head to Pisa for brunch with Juniordrums, his lady and his new 911S - Followed by a fast drive to Siena for Italian cooking class.
3. Next stop is Positano for 4 nights. Amalfi Coast road!!
4. Up to Modena to check out some other fast cars for 2 nights.
5. Como for 2 nights.
6. Back to Stuttgart for drop off.

Hope we have enough energy left to make it back!

Drove 8+ hours today. Still need to find the best position in the seat. The car is simply amazing.
Italian drivers exceed the speed limit by large margins. I disabled the satnav speed alert after leaving Switzerland.
Btw, we crossed into Switzerland on a small road and couldn't find a Vignette right away. Stopped and asked at several places and eventually found them at the post office. Apparently that's the best place to go but I should have ordered online in advance.
Very nice - we are coming the other way - Lugarno to Monterosso to a small place outside Sienna to Parma to Innsbruck and then back to Stuttgart.

Where are you staying in Monterosso and Como?

Have a great time!!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:35 AM
Pattymac
Intermediate

In Monterosso we are staying at Hotel Punta Mesco. Wasn't our first choice but they had a room with good private parking.

In Como we booked an Airbnb in Cernobbio.

About to depart Monterosso and head to Pisa for brunch! The hiking in Cinque Terre is spectacular.

Quick Reply: Delivery!