For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Monterey Car Week: Carmel car collector dream house with 31 garage spaces

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 07:08 PM
beagling
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Monterey Car Week: Carmel car collector dream house with 31 garage spaces

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...19372832_zpid/

Car Collector's dream house in Carmel-By-The-Sea. Incredibly rare opportunity. Over 5000 square feet of finished garage space.

Open House both Saturday and Sunday of August 12/13 and and 19/20. Or call the agent for a private tour.

Old 08-11-2023, 03:44 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,564 Likes on 1,205 Posts

This property is located on a very, very steep hillside. FWIW, I'd want a detailed geological report concerning any past or potential sliding/subsidence, before even thinking about this property.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:24 PM
beagling
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
This property is located on a very, very steep hillside. FWIW, I'd want a detailed geological report concerning any past or potential sliding/subsidence, before even thinking about this property.
Please speak about what you know and not gaslight. My family has been in the property since the early 1970's . Zero issues with sliding/subsidence EVER. The property sits on top of hill and is mostly flat .
The following 3 users liked this post by beagling:
Home Run (08-11-2023), jbauer (08-12-2023), pirahna (08-25-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 09:07 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

31 garage spaces??? That's commitment! GLWS.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:08 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beagling
Please speak about what you know and not gaslight. My family has been in the property since the early 1970's . Zero issues with sliding/subsidence EVER. The property sits on top of hill and is mostly flat .
Then you would be required to provide a certified geologic report were I a potential buyer. I'd be a bit surprised if any potential buyer wouldn't rely solely on the sellers disclosures.
FWIW, I am also quite familiar with the area. Hopefully your property is stable, and it probably is. It's just the stilts the house is built on tell one that the hill descends away from the building pad quite rapidly. Also the angle of repose in the area along with the present grade of the hill, as well as the number of local retaining walls down slope, including on this property, speak volumes.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 08-12-2023 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:05 PM
beagling
Rennlist Member

Then you would be required to provide a certified geologic report were I a potential buyer. I'd be a bit surprised if any potential buyer wouldn't rely solely on the sellers disclosures.
FWIW, I am also quite familiar with the area. Hopefully your property is stable, and it probably is. It's just the stilts the house is built on tell one that the hill descends away from the building pad quite rapidly. Also the angle of repose in the area along with the present grade of the hill, as well as the number of local retaining walls down slope, including on this property, speak volumes.
You really need to mind your own business . The house is not built on stilts it is concrete foundation with crawl space. The lower garages are built on concrete slab. There are no retaining walls other than the wall casing built for the pool in 1972. In 2023 the pool is still dead level with no cracks, leaks , etc. The walls that you see going down to the lower garages on both sides are purely aesthetic

The hillside is a giant chalk rock formation so it is 'solid as a rock"

What is your point here other than being a complete douchebag... You are not a buyer so why are you even commenting? The hubris in what you think you know is laughable.

Please have some respect and do not respond anymore to this thread.

The following 6 users liked this post by beagling:
David Borden (08-22-2023), FLT6SPD (08-13-2023), gonzilla (08-14-2023), Home Run (08-18-2023), jbauer (08-12-2023), VicS (08-18-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beagling
You really need to mind your own business . The house is not built on stilts it is concrete foundation with crawl space. The lower garages are built on concrete slab. There are no retaining walls other than the wall casing built for the pool in 1972. In 2023 the pool is still dead level with no cracks, leaks , etc. The walls that you see going down to the lower garages on both sides are purely aesthetic The hillside is a giant chalk rock formation so it is 'solid as a rock" What is your point here other than being a complete douchebag... You are not a buyer so why are you even commenting? The hubris in what you think you know is laughable. Please have some respect and do not respond anymore to this thread.
LOL . . . . I'd strongly recommend a good and patient real-estate agent, that could (and would be willing to) insulate the seller from any potential buyers would be money well spent.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:12 PM
VicS
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL . . . . I'd strongly recommend a good and patient real-estate agent, that could (and would be willing to) insulate the seller from any potential buyers would be money well spent.
Time to give it a rest.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:40 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Don't know Bluehighways, but have to ask why are you being such an *******?

-CK,
Old 08-31-2023, 06:31 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 846 Likes on 556 Posts

this may actually be good advice.

I like the pool, it looks like one could actually swim laps in it.
The following users liked this post:
sdematt (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 12:13 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 276 Posts

Beautiful property - wish I had enough money to buy it!

Best of luck with the sale - hope it goes to house a great collection!
Old 09-01-2023, 02:06 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 588 Likes on 374 Posts

Looks like it is in contract, hope all goes well!

Quick Reply: For Sale: Monterey Car Week: Carmel car collector dream house with 31 garage spaces