For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Guards Red 1990 928 S4 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Robert_H
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guards Red 1990 928 S4 for sale

Circumstances with my health (arthritis & hip problems) are forcing me to sell my Porsches.

My Silver '89 928 is already spoken for and will be going to 928 International. It will be giving it's all so that others may live. My Boxster has already been sold, so that leaves my Guards Red '90 S4.

I will post some photos of the car shortly.

1990 928 S4 (Guards Red w/tan interior)

THE BAD
  • (around 125K miles) Previous owner had gauges worked on, ODO reads around 25K miles (not correct)
  • Slack in throttle linkage prevents car from achieving WOT (Bill B. said it is an adjustment requiring intake removal)
  • Computer displays "Differential Control Off" (Bill B. had checked this on his computer/scanner and says that the PSD is actually functioning), most likely a sensor problem
  • 18" TechArt (six spoke) wheels - rough (PO had them installed even though they are the wrong offset, the center caps would not fit... so he epoxied them onto the wheels), if refurbished, these would look great
  • Flag mirrors look rough (same PO's love affair with epoxy on these) - mirror bras cover them up
  • Fan shroud has been chewed-up by fans a bit
  • Funky audio system (PO loved amps and placed them under the rear carpet and added a Bazooka sub)
  • No documentation... sorry, has been lost
THE GOOD
  • relatively new Pirelli tires all around (tires were bought a few months before I purchased car)
  • brakes - new rotors (brakes were done a few months before I purchased car)
  • new battery (Die Hard) just installed
  • will include a replacement fan & shroud setup (original type) as well as a new DEVEK twin electric fan setup (still in box)
  • Bill B. had given the car a scan with his equipment and only the 2 items mentioned above (in the Bad section) came up
  • also included with the car is a new 928 International Aluminum under tray (never been mounted)
  • a complete set of 928 Workshop manuals (new, in box)

For the money, might make a great everyday driver or track car. Only $7000. As you can see, I am not trying to hide any of the car's problems. I am being straight-forward with these. The car is not a concours queen. I have priced the car as I have so that I think it would make a quick sale.

My email is sjshark2@ix.netcom.com

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Robert_H
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sale pending.
Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Guards Red 1990 928 S4 for sale