For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Sold

For Sale: Battery Grp Buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been staying out of this, but for the record (since someone asked who else this has happened to), I experienced an expiration for a cert that I paid for also. No expiration date was listed on the certificate. I was disappointed because when I tried to redeem it, it was only one week past expiration but Optima marketing would not honor it. At the time I expressed frustration to Dave. It's in a thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=43271) as well as some private emails, but I also accepted that my own procrastination in redeeming the cert was partly to blame (I was waiting to see which car would need a battery first!). However, I do agree that it would have been good to put the expiration on the certificate that was sent to me so there would have been no misunderstanding on my part that the clock was ticking.

I ended up buying a second cert from Dave to replace the one that expired (it was still a good deal) and redeemed it asap for a battery (I learned my lesson about procrastinating). Battery arrived and that was the end of the issue as far as I was concerned. I have no ill will towards 944cup (Dave), and he's not out to rip anyone off. I think that Optima now lists expiration dates on all of the new certs they send out? If so, the problem is solved for any new certs issued.

You stated the warning above for folks to beware of the expiration dates (which I would think most people would appreciate), but I think continuing this in a public forum is not productive. Just my 2 cents from a guy that had exactly the same thing happen. I know it is frustrating and I hope you and Dave come to a resolution.

Good luck.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
You stated the warning above for folks to beware of the expiration dates (which I would think most people would appreciate), but I think continuing this in a public forum is not productive. Just my 2 cents from a guy that had exactly the same thing happen. I know it is frustrating and I hope you and Dave come to a resolution.

Good luck.
+1
Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts
Thumbs down

I have participated in the Optima grp buy and was very pleased with the entire process. First rate and no complaints. Great deal.
Had I gotten both the ones we paid for, I wouldn't be complaining...

I was disappointed because when I tried to redeem it, it was only one week past expiration but Optima marketing would not honor it. At the time I expressed frustration to Dave. It's in a thread (http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=43271) as well as some private emails, but I also accepted that my own procrastination in redeeming the cert was partly to blame (I was waiting to see which car would need a battery first!). However, I do agree that it would have been good to put the expiration on the certificate that was sent to me so there would have been no misunderstanding on my part that the clock was ticking.

Sorry, but it is the sellers responsability inform you of dead-lines, you might be willing to roll over, but we aren't. He screwed up, and we get screwed..

Sorry, Dave's idea of a resolution is that we are SOL, and he keeps our money, that doesn't cut it, he has had 2 MONTHS to man up, he chooses not too... It was close to a month before I outed him(if you read the thread on the bird board, you know I avoided it), more than enough time for him to make this right, but he chose to go negative right off the bat. Before it was only me, now we know that I'm not the only one, how many more are out there?? I posted how he responded to us, and his tone is why I am going to see this through until we either get the battery we paid for, or a refund or a court settlement. If you buy a "gift" card from a store, it doesn't expire, that is the law.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

GB is closed. Thanks to all those who have supported this effort.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Battery Grp Buy