For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Custom 20" Modulare M3 Wheels/Tires for 997

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
LagunaDallas
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom 20" Modulare M3 Wheels/Tires for 997

I bought my 2009 C2S Cabrio off the showroom floor with this set of 3-piece 20" Modulare M3 wheels. I worked the deal on the car with the wheels included, but they said the retail value of the wheels was over $6000 + about $1500 for tires. I just sold the car and put some stock wheels I had from a previous 997 back on it, and am now selling these. Since I didn’t order these myself and don’t have the order specs, I spoke to the wheel rep (from Wheel Experts here in the D/FW area) from whom the dealer ordered these wheels. He remembered this specific order and said that they’re 8.5” front with a 50 offset, 11” rear with a 55 offset, and a 5x130 bolt pattern. According to him, they fit the 997 & 997S (narrow body), would fit the widebody 997 with rear spacers or the wheel lips switched out, and the Boxster & Cayman with rear lip and tire changes. I can’t remember if the Boxster/Cayman needed any front changes, but I am happy to help get more specific details for serious buyers who don’t have a 997 narrow body.

The wheels themselves (alloy finish) got a ton of compliments on the car and are in excellent shape other than the chrome lips. Thanks to my extremely narrow driveway with high curbs and lousy top-up cabrio visibility, a couple have moderate curb rash and the others some minor curb rash. All 4 have some kind of fine scratches from cleaning or some small markings from daily use. If someone wants some perfect as-new wheels, the lips can be completely replaced for about $400/each per the wheel rep or the lips could be re-chromed (less expensive but probably not the best way to go) and the cosmetic condition issues would be gone. The Wheel Experts rep can order these for you.

I only put 3000 miles on the set, so there is quite a bit of tread left. The tires are Continental ContiSportContact3 --- 245/30ZR-20 in the front, 305/25ZR-20 in the rear.

Pics are attached, though I lost the higher-quality pics of the wheels when mounted on my car and only have a couple that I found from my phone.

They're currently located in Dallas, TX. Please post or message if interested. More info can be found at www.modularewheels.com.

Last edited by LagunaDallas; 01-17-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Sharp!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
LagunaDallas
Rennlist Member

I'm preparing to move and would like this set to go to a good home rather than have to move it. No reasonable offer will be refused!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
curare78
Intermediate

Are these still available? How much do you want for them, I don't want to waste either of your time with some low ball offer......Sam
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

The rules state that you must post a price, so please post a price.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Custom 20" Modulare M3 Wheels/Tires for 997