For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: X-post F/S: Red '86 951 $3500

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:44 PM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-post F/S: Red '86 951 $3500

I know it's been a while since I've been active on here. Been really busy with school and work lately and haven't had any time for cars. With that said, I've decided to sell my Red '86 951. It needs a new home with an owner who can drive it and right now I just don't have the time to put into the car. I had plans to strip it down and turn it into an AutoX/ Track Car but life has gotten in the way and I know it's going to be a few more years before I get to the point where I have time and money to do that. I bought this car when it had 97,000 original miles in July '07. The previous owner had it repainted at a body shop he worked at with a metallic flake in the guards red. He had just had the transmission rebuilt with hardened 1st and 2nd gears as well as a new clutch installed and the front engine reseal and timing belt was performed at the same time. All work had been performed since 92,000 miles. It now has almost 101k. It was rear ended in a hit and run accident in my driveway a couple years ago, what's left of the damage can be seen in the photos. It dented both fenders and the rear bumper but the tub sustained no damage and the frame is still straight. Replaced the bumper shocks and rear bumper. Pulled out both fenders but they're not perfect. The window was recently cracked by neighbors kids throwing sticks for our dog to chase but of course not something I can prove to them and get them to pay for. I recently moved the car from my parents house in Roanoke, VA to my apartment here in Blacksburg, VA. I tried to get everything covered visually with the pictures. It was so bright in my parking lot when I took them that the color washed out and some of the pictures make the car look orange. It currently has a Momo steering wheel installed. I still have the original steering wheel and shift ****. Also have a Momo shift **** that is included in sale. If you'd like to see anymore pics, just lemme know and I'll get them up as quick as possible. Email is the best way to contact me during the day while I'm at work. christopher.dean09@gmail.com

The Good:
101k original miles
Solid motor
Venturi delete with silicon vacuum lines
Excellent transmission and clutch (the shift is shorter than stock)
MSD ignition coil was installed when I changed the plugs/ cables at 100k

The Bad:
Original suspension is worn out
Water leaks in the passenger footwell
Needs a new oil pan gasket as the current one is leaking onto the crossover pipe
Tach doesn't work (probably an easy fix, stopped working when I pulled out the aftermarket alarm system)
Windshield is cracked
Sunroof gears are worn out and sunroof does not function properly
Minor body damage still remains from the wreck
Could definitely use a paint job and the Ractive muffler on it is not attractive. I had the exhaust cut off the white 951 when it got totalled and will include it in the sale as well.

Pictures:

Quick Reply: For Sale: X-post F/S: Red '86 951 $3500