For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1997 C2 cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1997 C2 cabriolet SOLD

SOLD ... thanks!

Well sorted 1997 Carrera 2 cabriolet, 89389 miles, 6-speed, guards red over cashmere, rootwood shifter and e-brake, rare factory cashmere leather gauge surrounds, Alpine iPod enabled headunit. Just completed 90k service plus brake flush, gearbox oil change, new OEM pads and rotors front and rear, set of new Michelin Pilots all around, freshly detailed. Evaporator, expansion valve and receiver dryer just replaced as well.

Car is in Boston, PPI encouraged.

Car is in great shape and drives just like it should. Note -- the floor mats and carpeting is not dirty, it's the photos and the vacuum stripes from the detailing.

Top end done at 58k miles to address SAI issues, car runs perfectly and doesn't use a drop of oil. At same time, installed LWF and RS clutch, M030 springs, Bilstein HD shocks and strut brace. 18" MY02 5-spoke factory rims. I'm the third owner and have owned many Porsches over the years. I bought it with 58k on it in the fall of 2006 from a PCA member.

Previous owner had a new top installed in 2006. I converted the top to partial manual operation because of past bad experiences with the 993 tops. The top latches and unlatches electrically, I put it down by hand. All the original parts to convert back to full power operation are included with the car.

I had a good body shop do some paint work on the car two winters ago; the front windshield had the typical rust bubbles at the cowl; that was repaired and a new windshield was installed. In 2009, some a-- in a truck had put a nasty scratch on the passenger side front fender, and took off without leaving information. I had put touchup paint on it, but decided to have it fixed over the winter. There was also a good door ding on the passenger door which was not accessible for a paintless repair, so I had that repaired and shot as well. The rocker was painted, and the rear quarter was blended a little to help with the match. (Red is harder than you would think to match.) That came out nice, so I told them to shoot the hood because of the usual rock chips. None of this work was done as a result of an accident, it was all cosmetic. Front bumper cover is freshly refinished, as well.

Here's the "before" picture which shows the scratch:

This is a nice, straight car that makes a terrific driver ... clutch is great, suspension done, top end done, no SAI issues, no leaks, fresh brakes, fresh tires. The car drives just like it should. Come and get her.

Last edited by vjd3; 04-25-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

To answer a couple of questions ... I'm not a dealer, this has been my personal car since 2006. I've driven 911s constantly since 1990 and know these cars very well. This is a good one. The car has Texas plates in the photos because we moved to Austin in 2010 and moved back to Boston last fall. I drove the car from Boston to Austin (a great 3-day ride), and InterCity trucked it back. It now has a clear Massachusetts title and Massachusetts plates on it. Those photos were taken shortly before InterCity picked it up and the car has just a few hundred more miles on it now.

I have records from the second owner and my records; the original owner serviced it at a Porsche dealer and they would not release the records when I inquired. Carfax and AutoCheck are clean. Jerry at EPE in Boston has cared for the car locally; Dave at Moorespeed in Austin did the 90k, brakes, tires and front bumper refinish. Mark Nadler at Exotech in NH did the valve guides and installed the new suspension, 60k service and RS clutch and LWF at 58k miles.

This is a great car ... selling to fund a new business. Or a 993 Turbo depending on my mood ... LOL
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Looks like a nice car and well priced. Glws!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:19 AM
lumpy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful car! the seats look amazing, did you have them recovered?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! The leather is the original; I had a leather shop in Austin refinish them last year, they came out nice.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1997 C2 cabriolet