For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Medici Fountain by Emanuel Volakis

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Medici Fountain by Emanuel Volakis

Name:  medici.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  314.9 KBHello,
I am selling my personal piece of artwork by Emanuel Volakis. Extremely talented artist and friend of mine.I aquired this piece in 2009, its a stunning piece.
Artist's personal website is www.volakisgallery.com

Here is info on the art:
Artist: Emanuel Dimitri Volakis
Title: The Medici Fountain
Year: 1996
Medium: Photography Black and White

Width: 30 inches
Height: 40 inches
Frame: Black with silver outline
Theme: Romance

Edition: 50
Added: -----
ID: 35470
Price: US$ 7500
Photographed with a Mamiya 645 Pro, Trix 400, silver gelatin photograph on Agfa paper, sepia toned

Description:
The Medici Fountain nestled in the confines of the Luxembourg gardens in Paris remains one of the most tranquil and romantic places throughout Europe.

Master of Light & Shadow

I first encountered the magical black and white images of Emanuel Volakis at an outdoor exhibition on a steamy summer day in Madison, Wisconsin. I stood transfixed, all awareness of haze and heat vanished from my memory, gazing at photographs that captured for all eternity the timeless essence of their subjects, an instant of life and art preserved for all to see.

There it was, the Medici Fountain of the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, sinewy sculpture and glistening water, presented in seemingly infinite shades of gray, offered in complex and exacting detail, luminosity on paper, drawing me in, a magnet for my eyes, making me feel a part of the scene, my eyes moving from aspect to aspect, eager to absorb every element, no matter how small. I was back in Paris, quintessentially Parisian, forever and ever.

Next to it was a village street, somewhere in France, silent and empty but for a tiny cat caught frozen and surprised in the middle of the road, staring fixedly at me, daring me to gaze back, another moment caught at just the perfect instant. It was as if the photographer had waited patiently for hours and hours, days and days, in the manner of Henri Cartier Bresson, for that fraction of a second when everything was right, when he could click the shutter and create a scene, a composition, to reflect the core of the photographer's art.

They were all like that, whatever the subject -- parks in their statuesque and leafy beauty, statues in their marble solidity, faces in their basic yet fleeting humanity. France, Italy, Spain, California, New York, wherever Emanuel Volakis goes, wherever he takes his camera, he finds and portrays the splendor, the imagination, the breath of existence. He is that rare photographer, a master of light and shadow, of subtlety and precision. He creates, gives form and meaning to, life.

I never get tired of looking at his art, and I expect I never will.

Mervyn Rothstein

contributing writer for Cigar Aficionado, Wine Spectator, Playbill, The New York Times and other international publications

I am accepting best offer via PM The retail pricing paid was $7500.00 . If I am interested in your offer I will PM back. Please email name, email and phone #.
Local viewing in SF Bay Area can be arranged. Shipping discussion can start if interested.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images  

Last edited by GT3.2; 01-09-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: details
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow....stunning!!!

Good Luck with the sale.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
GT3.2
Racer

Thank you
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there many times...beautiful photo.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 AM
GT3.2
Racer

Hope to see it in person one day and a trip to lemans

Quick Reply: For Sale: Medici Fountain by Emanuel Volakis