For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1994 Porsche 968 Cabrio 6-Speed with 73,556 miles, $12,900 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Porsche 968 Cabrio 6-Speed with 73,556 miles, $12,900 OBO

For Sale By Personal Owner: Polar Silver 1994 Porsche 968 Cabrio with 73,556 miles.

I am the second owner, purchased it at the beginning of this summer, specifically for the summer after our move from California. At the recommendation of a fellow P-car enthusiast and neighbor last week I settled into its replacement, a 2004 911 Cabrio with hard top (for cold months -- something I didn't take into consideration after the move from Los Angeles). Therefore, the 968 is up for sale.

I'm taking it to Hennessy Porsche of N. Atlanta on Sat, 9/6, for a PPI. I'll publish those results as an update to this listing.

I purchased the 968 directly from the original personal owner. He bought it new in south Georgia and primarily used it in that area (non-coastal south GA). When he moved to north Atlanta is sat mostly in the garage due to old age -- both his and the car's. The CarFax, which I've run, supports all of this. Most major receipts are included, along with all accessories and the original window display. The only non-stock part of the car is the radio, which is an aftermarket CD player.

The timing belt and cooling system -- including water pump and thermostat -- were last done at 61,105 miles and I have the receipt for it. It currently has 73,556 miles and that will increase slightly due to test drives and weekend drives.

The most recent preventative maintenance was an inspection after I purchased it. During that inspection I had the oil and filter changed (Mobil1 oil, Bosch filter), many of the other fluids were also changed including the coolant, manual transmission/transaxle fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and had the tires balanced and suspension aligned. During that preventative maintenance I also had them replace the oil level sensor with a new Porsche sensor (it was leaking and giving a false warning) and had them put on a new valve cover gasket due to an ever-so-slight wetness around the valve cover gasket. They inspected other known problem points such as the common output sleeve / bearing problem common to other earlier 968's and they found no additional issues.

During the summer I had the center console plastic frame replaced in order to fix the plastic hinge breakage, and had the rearward power seat switch replaced on the driver's seat due to it not responding to vertical adjustment -- it now works great.

I have the GA title in my name, and it is clean and clear ready for the next owner. It has a passing emissions certificate, as well.

I priced it "low" because there are some minor items that makes it different from new. A fair price without these issues would be $15,000 by my estimation. Yes, feel free to disagree.

1. The front right fender has a dent along the top crease, and can be seen in the pictures. I have a paintless dent repair estimate of $500 that's included with the car (the estimate is from July of this year).

2. The top edge of the driver's door panel is showing cracking wear.

3. The convertible top is in manual mode, as outlined in the manual. This is so the top can be lowered and raised with the engine on, and quickly. The motors still operate separately from the top and allegedly are synced, though I have not witnessed it.

4. The A-pillar interior trims are warped from the sun.

5. The driver's seat and interior is far from perfect. There are cracks in both seats and a small, 1" rip along one seam in the passenger seat bottom, some driver's seat bolster wear, some wear on the shift ****, and some paint coming off of both interior door handles as well as the driver's side speaker grille.

Other than the above items it is in very good condition and is a very nice driver, just as I've priced it. I welcome questions and will answer them to the best of my ability though I don't turn a wrench (just warning you). I used to, so that makes me slightly dangerous and helps me sound like I know what I'm talking about.

If not mentioned above, specifically, it works. Things like AC blowing cold, heat blowing hot, vent positions working correctly, HVAC fan speeds all work, LCD temp display working well, all lights work, horn works, wipers work, headlights work, all accessories are present including the top tools, manuals, donut spare, factory inflator kit, factory tool kit; there is zero rust; it tracks straight and true without drama, shaking, etc.; the clutch is strong and doesn't slip, pull, whine, shudder, smell, or bind.

You can also call or text my Google Voice number at (626) 219-0269. Full disclosure: I recently listed it on eBay so feel free to do a quick search. You *might* just figure out what the best offer I'll take is. There's a Rennlist discount, too, so don't hesitate to ask!
Attached Images                
Old 09-05-2014, 12:32 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Default Next 15 pictures...

Forgot to list the VIN#... WP0CA2967RS840355
Attached Images                
Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Also, forgot to include that it comes with a custom fitting car (indoor) car cover and, of course, the factory boot / tonneu cover.
Attached Images                
Old 09-05-2014, 12:37 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Pictures # 46-60
Attached Images                
Old 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Default Last 10 Pictures...

Also forgot to mention -- I have a color-matching set of rear seats out of a 944 that comes with the car, including seat belt hardware. I'm not sure if they can be retrofitted easily, but they're included.
Attached Images           
Old 09-06-2014, 10:55 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Results from PPI were nothing major, will gladly share with an interested party. Some basic metrics that were included:
1. Brake pad thickness (front left / front right / rear left / rear right): 5mm / 5mm / 6.5mm / 6.5mm
2. Brake rotor thickness: 25.3 / 25.2 / 22.6 / 22.8
3. Rear tires are "low" at 3mm depth (2mm to wear line)
Old 09-09-2014, 05:15 AM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Reason for dent on front right fender: previous owner nudged the garage door frame while backing out. That's his story and he's sticking to it. PPI showed no damage or wrecks, and panels are all original. CarFax backs up that claim, as well.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:36 AM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Are you open to any trades??
Old 09-12-2014, 07:21 AM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

PM sent.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Back on eBay
Old 09-24-2014, 07:10 PM
rustymon
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least nobody can complain about not enough photos! Man, love those headlights (when down).
Old 09-24-2014, 07:30 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Originally Posted by rustymon
At least nobody can complain about not enough photos! Man, love those headlights (when down).
Man, I fall in love with it again and again from the front. I love the 928/959/968 headlights
Old 09-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 140 Posts

Do you know that you have this in the "member to member" area? If you want to sell it, why not post it in the regular classified section where everyone can see it. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:33 PM
laufenOutLoud
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
Do you know that you have this in the "member to member" area? If you want to sell it, why not post it in the regular classified section where everyone can see it. Good luck!
Thanks! But I'll have to change the ad. I can't just offer a member discount to ANYbody...
Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

And you might want to include some pics...

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1994 Porsche 968 Cabrio 6-Speed with 73,556 miles, $12,900 OBO