Notices

Windows Help for Durametric software install-

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Windows Help for Durametric software install-

Cheers, I am pleading for a bit of help with a Windows laptop and my copy of Durametric. I have a dedicated Dell Latitude only for Durametric. I can get Durametric running, but I can't get it to communicate with my 993 or 981. The laptop sees when the cable is plugged in to USB. It won't communicate with the car though. The thing I can't seem to update correctly, (which is required) is Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5... I believe this is the problem, but I can't figure out how to get this loaded. Maybe the whole system needs to be reinstalled and started fresh? I've used Apple all my life and this Windows thing leaves me befuddled.

I will pay whatever it takes to get this running, I was kind of hoping I could ship it to somebody who is skilled in Windows and pay you for your time-

Thanks for your consideration-

Coleman.
Old 10-08-2023, 04:11 PM
Merlin_AZ
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=21
Here's the link to .NET 3.5.
I don't know whether or not that will help, but installing a version of .net that you don't need won't hurt anything.

Also, I would go to Settings > Windows update, and make sure you are updated.
Reboot afterwards and try again.

Last edited by Merlin_AZ; 10-08-2023 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:36 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 617 Posts

The same thing recently happened to me. I am running Win10 so no issues with versions or updates. Software recognized the Durametric but the car did not. I contacted Durametric, they sent me a test procedure. I followed it and the result was me sending the unit back to them. It was the Durametric. I got a new one for the cost of shipping.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:30 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks, interesting- I'll get in touch with Durametric and see.. I thought it was my ineptitude..

Quick Reply: Windows Help for Durametric software install-