Notices

VÖLLIG AUTOWERKS San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 07:57 PM
djalcy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default VÖLLIG AUTOWERKS San Diego

Does anyone in San Diego area knows why Vollig Autowerks was shutdown by court order ? in about 24hrs ??
Old 10-28-2023, 08:38 PM
labcars
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by djalcy
Does anyone in San Diego area knows why Vollig Autowerks was shutdown by court order ? in about 24hrs ??
Not sure why Friday, but their demise has been speculated about for some time. I've heard certain of their techs are moving to Independent Motorcars.
The following users liked this post:
nancyrdh (11-10-2023)
Old 11-03-2023, 02:11 PM
KINGHURL
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by djalcy
As a customer, I got an email suggesting expense of litigation and the employee-centric CA laws making it doubly difficult to continue. Clearly there is a story to go with the loss of this talented shop, but this is all that has been publicly shared right now. Sad days indeed.
nancyrdh (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 09:46 PM
nancyrdh
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such an unfortunate loss to the community. I wasn’t aware of the closure. Swung by to have something checked and the new guys moving everything out mentioned divorce and bankruptcy.

I hope to see him back somewhere in the future. Such a passionate guy in his work and hobby.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:29 AM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

I just saw the announcement of the doors closing in my spam folder. What a shame! It’s where I took my 997 for all its service after getting mildly burned by Black Forest. It was a very cryptic email - wasn’t sure if it was a former employee suing or what. Typically that won’t shut down a business if it’s insured, though some types of claims are not covered by insurance.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:39 AM
Surfingjeff
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts

I’m sorry to see them go so close to my work . I took my wife’s Panamara to them they were easily half the price of the dealer. They invested in Porsche equipment so they could service newer Porsches . Not sure where to go now anybody have options in San Diego?
nancyrdh (12-02-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 11:55 AM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfingjeff
I’m sorry to see them go so close to my work . I took my wife’s Panamara to them they were easily half the price of the dealer. They invested in Porsche equipment so they could service newer Porsches . Not sure where to go now anybody have options in San Diego?
Black Forest. I was only annoyed with them because they reset something with TPMS after I got service there and then denied doing anything and it was probably a dead sensor. But it wasn’t, and I got the error cleared and TPMS working again. But otherwise I, and others, like their work.
nancyrdh (12-02-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 09:50 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was Vollig's first customer. Breaks my heart that the shop is gone. So much potential.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:33 PM
KINGHURL
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

This is truly sad. Adam's calm confidence and detailed quality work was a great alternative to the dealership. He's promised to return, so stay tuned. He had such great community support. People of his caliber won't stay down for long.

derek
nancyrdh (12-02-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 06:19 PM
nancyrdh
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's servicing your Porsche now?

I'm still looking for a reputable shop to service my Panamera E-Hybrid. I went to black forest; and unfortunately they weren't equipped like Vollig. Referred me to the dealership... Which we all know comes with added expenses.

Any suggestions from fellow customers is highly appreciated. I'm curious to know where all of of the team has gone.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:39 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by labcars
Not sure why Friday, but their demise has been speculated about for some time. I've heard certain of their techs are moving to Independent Motorcars.
Sad to see the place close down. Hopefully Adam can bounce back one day.

Im taking all of my Porsches and BMWs to Chris at Independent. He has super clean shop. I saw a VERY rare porsche there the other day. I wont post that photo for respect of the privacy of the owner.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:20 PM
Surfingjeff
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Independent Motor Cars

Originally Posted by RyanSD
Sad to see the place close down. Hopefully Adam can bounce back one day.

Im taking all of my Porsches and BMWs to Chris at Independent. He has super clean shop. I saw a VERY rare porsche there the other day. I wont post that photo for respect of the privacy of the owner.

I checked with them they confirmed. Gary one of the mechanic s for Vollig is now working there
RyanSD (01-09-2024)

Quick Reply: VÖLLIG AUTOWERKS San Diego