2024 911 Build Recs

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 09:41 PM
dvu
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2024 911 Build Recs

Hello All,

My guess is this thread is out there, but I couldn't find it with the search. If it is, sorry for the redundancy and be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

If not, Just got my allocation for a 2024 911 Carrera. Last date to modify build is mid april. I'm new to Porsches so not sure what add-ons seem like a must. I've heard that things like a larger gas tank and a few others are a must. Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Also, any suggestions for ppf and ceramic coating in the Austin, Texas area?

Thx, duc
Old 03-12-2024, 08:09 AM
Glenncal1
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

I am not sure if it qualifies as a must, but the ceramic brakes are amazing.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:54 AM
dvu
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the input. Agree with you. I'm guessing a "stock" 911 is plenty. so looking for things I don't want to say "man I wish I would have added that option." So ceramic brakes check that box. I'll look into them. thanks again.

Here's my build so far.

carmine red
19/20 Carrera wheels (no track for me, just scenic drives)
Standard interior black with leather package
Power sport seats (14 way)
Premium package
Sport Chrono with clock
Extended range fuel tank
Lane change and lane keep assist
Bose

Do I want leather interior?

duc

Last edited by dvu; 03-12-2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-12-2024, 04:13 PM
K996
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

A big 'must have' for me was the glass roof. It really makes the interior feel open, can dim it with the sunshade and in a pleasure car I think this is important.
Also in a black interior you might want to dress it up with body-color seatbelts or something. I dont think theyre crazy expensive but it's been a while since I looked
Old 03-19-2024, 09:07 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 482 Posts

Go to the 992 thread here on RL. Many build threads there and a concentration of owners who can give more insight. This is a general thread.
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 08:02 PM
jstap808
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 911 992 Build

Here's the config I was looking at if I went all-in on the new car rather than buying used/CPO: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRPB9UV9. Any must-needs I am missing or things you'd forgo? This will be a weekend car and not a track car.

Thanks all in advance and looking forward to hearing from the Porsche community!
Old 03-22-2024, 05:13 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 153 Posts

Overall a very nice build! I am on my second 992S so here are some things I would consider changing:

1. Upgrade to full leather interior, its much nicer than partial and the dash especially is much nicer than the standard textured "rubber " look.
2. Add the sports package. It adds the sports exhaust and some performace upgrades that are hard to add later.
3. Consider dropping front end lift. Its only an inch lift and it is only needed if you encounter very steep grades. Some have also repeorted that it may cause the rear end to hit and parts there are more costly to repair or replace. I have the same front on my sport (lowered) suspension and have never had any issues.
4. Consider dropping rear steering. It only reduces turn radius by one foot and some people do not like how it feels. You will likely not miss it.
5. Do not consider adding ceramic brakes unless you intend to track the car or are OK with extremely expensive replacement rotors. No real braking distance benefit (braking is tire limited) and you can get your wheels ceramic coated to make cleaning them a snap.
6. Do find a good local installer of paint protection film (someone that does not use precut film that leaves exposed edges that pick up dirt) and ceramic coating. It will save you a lot of time cleaning and also ther heartbreak of stone chips. The minimum partial will run you $3500 and full coberage about double. You will not regret this.
7. Get the pre installed camera connection as it is cheap and will reduce costs later if you decide to add one.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:31 PM
jstap808
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Upgrade to full leather interior, its much nicer than partial and the dash especially is much nicer than the standard textured "rubber " look. Looks like it automatically upgrades to Sport Pkg as well, per the below comment.
2. Add the sports package. It adds the sports exhaust and some performace upgrades that are hard to add later.
3. Consider dropping front end lift. Its only an inch lift and it is only needed if you encounter very steep grades. Some have also repeorted that it may cause the rear end to hit and parts there are more costly to repair or replace. I have the same front on my sport (lowered) suspension and have never had any issues. Family has a house with a relatively steep hill/incline so was wondering if this would be worth it for that or if it doesn't really provide much benefit? Not going there everyday but the few times I do, would I be okay without it?
4. Consider dropping rear steering. It only reduces turn radius by one foot and some people do not like how it feels. You will likely not miss it. So this provides almost no value add?
5. Do not consider adding ceramic brakes unless you intend to track the car or are OK with extremely expensive replacement rotors. No real braking distance benefit (braking is tire limited) and you can get your wheels ceramic coated to make cleaning them a snap. Yea was never considering this, not going to be a track car.
6. Do find a good local installer of paint protection film (someone that does not use precut film that leaves exposed edges that pick up dirt) and ceramic coating. It will save you a lot of time cleaning and also ther heartbreak of stone chips. The minimum partial will run you $3500 and full coberage about double. You will not regret this. Need to look into this one for sure.
7. Get the pre installed camera connection as it is cheap and will reduce costs later if you decide to add one. I've heard their camera system is junk and can get a better one at fraction of the price. Plus I don't mind using a window mount version

Quick Reply: 2024 911 Build Recs