Notices

ADM for 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 12:16 PM
jstap808
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ADM for 911

I've been quoted about ~$5k above MSRP for a new 911 and I'm trying to work with the dealer on getting creative in what to include in that $5k. Does the forum have any thoughts as to what to ask for to meet that amount?

Potential Options Include:
- PPF front (suggested by dealer)
- Ceramic (suggested by dealer)
- Wheel & Tire (suggested by dealer)
- 2nd Service covered
- Any add-ons such as upgraded floor matts, key fob cover, other freebies?

Would welcome the forums input here as to what other upgrades/services I should try to include in this $5k to get value out of it. I want the car and to make this happen while getting something for the addtl money.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2024, 01:04 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

All of those are appropriate / typical for making the buyer feel better about paying ADM.

IMO that vehicle shouldn't have ADM, but that is 100% up to the buyer. IMO that vehicle should be sold at sticker, again up to you.

Good luck w/ your new ride. Please post images.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:15 PM
jstap808
Intermediate

Thanks but I have yet to find a dealer selling one for MSRP only. I know that the “extras” are a way to justify the additional cost but cannot seem to find a US dealer who will take an order for MSRP only at the moment.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:43 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 482 Posts

5K over is only 3 % or so. That's pretty good in today's market - don't shoot the messenger. I would choose as many and whichever of those things offer value to you. You could spend 5k on PPF and ceramic alone after buying your car for MSRP. At least with them, you get some intrinsic value. Wheel/tire insurance usually has lots of fine print and is not a tangible item so I would put that lower on the list.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:09 PM
jstap808
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ldamelio
5K over is only 3 % or so. That's pretty good in today's market - don't shoot the messenger. I would choose as many and whichever of those things offer value to you. You could spend 5k on PPF and ceramic alone after buying your car for MSRP. At least with them, you get some intrinsic value. Wheel/tire insurance usually has lots of fine print and is not a tangible item so I would put that lower on the list.
Any other things I might be forgetting about that would be worthwhile to get thrown in? Extra maintenance, oil change, accessories? Haven’t bought a car in ages so trying to remember what else I’d possibly want to get out of this sort of “necessary” spend to get the car
Old 03-30-2024, 04:30 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by jstap808
Any other things I might be forgetting about that would be worthwhile to get thrown in? Extra maintenance, oil change, accessories? Haven’t bought a car in ages so trying to remember what else I’d possibly want to get out of this sort of “necessary” spend to get the car
2 free oil changes after the first free one. So 3 free changes in total.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:21 PM
jhardy
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jstap808
Thanks but I have yet to find a dealer selling one for MSRP only. I know that the “extras” are a way to justify the additional cost but cannot seem to find a US dealer who will take an order for MSRP only at the moment.
I may have gotten incredibly lucky but the first dealer I called had two C2S slots with no ADM...Porsche South Bay in SoCal. Just called them about a week ago and snagged an @ MSRP C2S slot with an April 9th lock date for July delivery. I am surprised with the 992.2 coming soon dealers are still doing ADM. I guess though if you are getting some stuff out of it then it's not such a big deal.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-30-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 01:56 PM
Hawaiic2s
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not really 5k over sticker though if that money is applied to PPF which you'd be spending 5k+ on anyway right? i refuse to pay over sticker for anything, but if its for PPF than its a big who cares youd get that anyway.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:40 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

Ask for all the things you listed
Old 04-15-2024, 10:16 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 611 Likes on 303 Posts

Extended warranty? If you’re planning to keep the car a while.

Quick Reply: ADM for 911