What's Considered Entry Level

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 02:54 PM
Nate G
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's Considered Entry Level

Hi All,

Would you consider the 2024 Macan GTS as an "entry level" Porsche or luxury vehicle? How about the base 2024 Cayenne? What would the general public think? Which has more weight in terms of being considered as higher end: the model (e.g. Macan or Cayenne) or trim level (e.g. base, GTS, Turbo).

Currently, I'm contacting several tint shops in my area to have bubbled tint removed and new tint installed. I arrived at one shop, looked at my current tint, and they explained there is no such thing as a perfect tint, which I agree, but I felt that the bubbles I currently have is nothing that I experienced in my BMWs. For an extra fee, they state they can spend more time and guarantee 99% perfection. I called a different tint installer who asked me to email him, which I did, but have not received a response. I stated I have a 2024 Porsche Macan (I left out GTS as that didn't seem pertinent), that it requires tint removal, and specified the new tint I wanted.

Out of curiosity, I went on some tint installer forums and found a theme where they are biased against owners of "entry level luxury vehicles" with the impression that such owners are hard to please with unrealistic expectations of perfection. They state they do not observe this in owners of high end vehicles like the Cyber Truck.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:59 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 569 Posts

No offense intended, but why care what the public thinks?
The following 3 users liked this post by bkrantz:
abiazis (04-01-2024), dboudee (04-09-2024), K996 (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 07:03 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 895 Likes on 481 Posts

Semantics. The issue here is not the class of vehicle.

I'd avoid installers who start out by disparaging certain classes of customer (and vehicle) and setting low expectations. And ones who charge an 'extra fee' to do it right.

They are telling you up front that they are not quality, service-oriented businesses. Spend your $ elsewhere.
The following 2 users liked this post by ldamelio:
Nate G (04-02-2024), vg247 (04-02-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 09:26 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

Price usually dictates the pecking order.......
Old 04-01-2024, 08:45 PM
Biohazard
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 54 Posts

Ask local PCA members who they have used to get an idea to go to. You get the bonus of seeing the work they have done on a similar car.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:58 PM
Arione
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Entry level Porsches are usually the previous generation or older used sports cars. Also any present model base would be "entry level" You'd do better to have a late model S or Turbo than a brand new base.

Personally I don't consider the 4 door Porsches to be "entry level Porsches" but I don't even consider them to be "real Porsches" to begin with. Ive owned a Cayenne Turbo and presently have a Panamera Turbo S Executive. Doesn't change that they do have the badges, but they arent the real thing.

No different than a Urus isnt a real lambo, badge or not.

Last edited by Arione; 04-28-2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
PZombie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Entry Level? It could mean a lot of things to a lot of people. I would think it's one's first Porsche regarless of budget. My Entry-Level was a 2001, 996 C2. I then "upgraded" to a 2005, 996 C4, then added a 997.1 4S, then a 991.1 4S and am now in the process of acquiing a 991.2 GTS.

Concerning elitism or snobishness by a vendor, that would apply to many situations even with restaurants. I wouldn't allow anyone's inflated sense of ego to affect me. The best thing to do is to take your business somewhere else where you are treated with dignity and respect. Don't be afraid to walk away from lousy service providers with an attitude.

Tinting places are a dime a dozen. DYI Tinting is also relatively easy and cheap if you want to experiment with the rear quarter windows, then the door windows, and build up to the windshield/rear window. You can also try to tint a window in your home to experiment. This is how I started, I bought a tinting kit from Home Depot and tinted a patio door in my home. You'll be surprised how easy it is. -and if it doesn't work out, you can just remove it and be all out of about $20.

Last edited by PZombie; Yesterday at 01:18 PM. Reason: wrong car year

Quick Reply: What's Considered Entry Level