Notices

Mechanic damaged car, what's my recourse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 02:45 PM
mindsigh
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mechanic damaged car, what's my recourse?

Hi all,

Recently had my car serviced for a new installation. During the process the garage damaged my car, mostly in cosmetic ways, but some parts were damaged beyond repair and require replacement.

This occurred close to a month ago and they have assured me they would "take care of it" but they do not give me any updates unless I call them directly or show up at the garage to inquire what "taking care of it" means. When I call or show up, they continue to assure me that they will get this fixed.

I am beginning to feel as though I am getting the run around. I know it is not their priority to bring back a car and fix it at their cost but I am pretty unimpressed with their motivation to right this wrong. It was a well known and well rated garage that was recommended from this forum so I am somewhat surprised at the outcome so far.

Any advice about how to deal with this or what I could be doing would be appreciated. I don't want to send it to small claims because it only amounts to a little over $1k worth of damage, but it's my baby, and I would like them to do right by this.
What would you do?
Old 04-09-2024, 09:57 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

My Cayenne was slightly damaged by my mechanic - they scraped it on a metal bollard and didn’t tell me, but I saw it immediately. I told them in no uncertain terms that I expect them to pay for the fix and I would be contacting them for their credit card shortly, which is exactly what I did. I had the Porsche approved body shop take care of the fairly minor paint work and had them call the mechanic to get their credit card to pay over the phone. They weren’t happy but I don’t care - I never went back. It was so obvious that they should have just told me instead of acting surprised by it, but they did pay up in the end.
The following users liked this post:
NA4.0 (04-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Mechanic damaged car, what's my recourse?