Notices

HELP STOLEN 964 - ATLANTA, GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default HELP STOLEN 964 - ATLANTA, GA

I had my 1993 964 Targe stolen from my garage this morning (1/2/08) just outside Atlanta, GA. If you see this car please let me know. I have attached a few photos for reference. I would love to have it recovered, but then again wouldn't any Porsche owner who had their car taken. - Thanks ljm

Last edited by lmazzoli; 07-27-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
joyride5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that... Did somebody steal it while it was idling in the driveway?? or parked overnight?
What area are you in? Looks like Suwanee/Duluth.
I hear from my friends who live there, many shady things are happening in that area....
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Car was in a locked garage. Entry into a vehicle in my driveway gave access to a garage door opener, thus into my garage. The unfortunate thing is that I was awake in the house only I made it to the garage as the car was pulling out of the driveway. Watching the car drive down the street away from my house was crushing. The car is not an everyday driver and has many adds and mods for track use (Two new COBRA racing seats (Nov. install), 9-way adjust suspension, harnesses (black Sparco drivers side, and Red G-Force on passenger side), harness bar, enhanced brakes, and many other mods). The car was taken from my residence in Snellville.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

sorry for your loss
hope you get her back and the thief pays the price
Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by lmazzoli
Car was in a locked garage. Entry into a vehicle in my driveway gave access to a garage door opener, thus into my garage.
That is awful. Sorry to hear about this.

I assume that you do the same as me? You leave the key in the car while the car is in the garage?

I will start hiding the key.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your loss! That really blows. I will keep my eye on it. It's not a common car so I am sure would not miss it.

I hope you can recover it.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
joyride5
Instructor

any updates? Was the car ever recovered??

Man, if anyone tried to take mine while I was in the house... They're gonna eat a lot of lead.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Jim_K
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Joyride......LJM was the OP. He is a good friend of mine but doesn't check Rennlist much, so I thought I would answer for him.

Car was never recovered, and a settlement was reached with insurance. He is currently shopping for a replacement 911 (preferably a 993).

Regards....Jim
Old 03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

C'mon Jim! I check Rennlist! However, I am trying to get over my loss and move on. I do not think that I would wish that one anyone. I now spend most of my time on Rennlist searching the classifieds for the potential 993. If it is ever recovered, I will definitely post, especially if I can get photos of the car. Hey, maybe I will find it for sale on Rennlist. Wouldn't that be a kick in the back side!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine got stolen too (see my sig). Man, these bastards are just nicking these black 964s. It's been about 4-5 months, and there's no trace of it. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your luck turns out better.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Jim_K
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lou....I know what a hard time you will have getting over your loss, but I'm sure a nice 993 will go along way to ease your pain!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

FR Porscheman - The experience of having your car stolen is terrible. Especially since I just made it outside to watch it drive down my street. Talk about a hopeless feeling. To top it off, it took the cops 2.5 hours to even make it to my house. Good thing I wasn't having a heart attack!

I think I saw your loss on the 964 Forum shortly after I posted mine. I just got my insurance settlement, but it can never make up for the hours and hard work to really make the car "mine". There seem to be quite a few 964's stolen all over the place, especailly the well kept cars.

Jim - Yes, a 993 will go a long way to helping my loss. I am also glad that my wife is encouraging me to get something to replace it. Do you think she will go for a daily driver AND a track car? Two can be better than one! Tom's wife let him do it.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:55 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Imazzoli - at least you had insurance.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Default Theft Update - Bittersweet Recovery

I will keep this short. I received a call from my insurance company back on February 12th, informing me that my car had been recovered. However, I did settle about 11 months ago and already purchased a replacement.

The good - The theft was essentailly a joy ride to a spot 4 miles from my house. Car was found with no damage, and even had my driving shoes, mag-lite flashlight, and other insignificant items left in the car.

The bad - Car sat in an apartment complex unlocked in the hot Georgia elements for 1 year gathering dirt and grime. The police gave up on the case about 3 weeks after theft. Apartment complex said they didn't call the police because the car was so nice and didn't think there was a problem! What kind of comment was that! Apartment complex only called to have it towed because the tags had expired and the apartment owners made a visit and told the manager to have it towed. What in the world is going on here - can you sense and frustration?

Opportunity - Car will be sold at auction just outside of Atlanta - Car can be seen at www.iaai.com. Search for 1993 Porsche 911. The auction house is still working on paperwork, and the car is not up for auction yet (3/1/09), but should go up soon. However, it is available to see on-line on the IAAI website. If anyone happens to purchase the car, I have incredibly detailed records going back about 9 years. Best to luck and someone please buy this car and take care of it.

Thanks - LJM
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

LJM, I'm glad you at least have closure on this. I hope your new car is serving you well. If it weren't a targa, it might be the perfect opportunity for my dad to finally replace his stolen 964 too!

So did they let you have your mag light back?

Quick Reply: HELP STOLEN 964 - ATLANTA, GA