Notices

Hotel Recommendation in Stuttgart

Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hotel Recommendation in Stuttgart

Greetings.

I'm going to be vacationing in Paris in early July, and my wife has graciously consented to me taking a side trip to Stuttgart while she stays in Paris with the kids.

I have arranged a factory tour, after which I will tour the Porsche museum and (time permitting) the Mercedes museum. I will be spending one night in Stuttgart, and am seeking recommendations on affordable accommodations that are clean, reasonably quiet, and walking distance from Porscheplatz.

A local PCA member has recommend the Kronen hotel, and a search of this forum returned a positive experience by a member at the Steinberger Hotel Graf Zeppelin. Both look nice, but at $200+/night are a little more than I would like to spend.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kit
San Diego, CA
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
rgrimm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We stayed at the ACHAT Hotel. Nothing too fancy, but about as close a walk to the museum/factory as you're going to get.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 PM
porsche_dreamer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotel Unger in Stuttgart it's about a 5 minute train ride to the museum and factory. And about 10 minutes to Mercedes. Awesome service and really nice beds. It's about a 2 minute walk to the train station. There is all kinds of shopping and food. My wife and I went last October during the 50th anniversary exhibit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hotel Recommendation in Stuttgart