Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

First race!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:14 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We will no doubt keep experimenting with tires. It was interesting to see the 2nd overall car was also on MPSC2 but the 180 tread wear version, not the 240s that we were on (they were a GT3). I am not sure how frequently they changed their tires during the race. Based on our tire wear, I’m pretty confident we should move to the 180s for shorter races and see how they go. Top car was on Yokohama’s (a BMW M4), I believe. Other top runners were on Hankooks (Mustangs). In our August test at Road America we ran smaller MPSC2 (and in the 180 tread wear type) so we do not have great data back to back with the sizes we ran at NJMP. I think we are locked into the larger sizes we ran at NJMP so it will be interesting to learn if the 180s are notably different (faster!) than the 240.

Overall, absolutely no issues with the tires. I was worried about the “large tread” overheating and chunking but this was absolutely not the case (with fairly mild ambient as 38D noted). The car was very consistent throughout 14 hours. That’s pretty nuts when you think about it. I think Michelin makes a pretty good tire, but you pay for it...

Last edited by DrJupeman; 12-01-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:33 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tneocli
Awesome car! A lot of Cayman’s making their ways to AER. Let me know if you’re looking for a 3rd driver for the next one. The cayman is like home for me 😉
Our original plan was to rent seats, so if you’re interested, stay in touch. After two-manning the 14 hour, I am not sure we feel the need to add another driver (or two), but I suspect at some point we will. If/when we do, we will be very selective in doing this as we are just two jokers who like to race, not some professional organization that can repair cars after every weekend. We are modeling our rules after a top team that runs in WRL and those rules are very strict (broadly summarized by, “anything that happens while you’re sitting in the car is your financial responsibility” and “follow the directions of the Crew Chief or you forfeit your seat and entry fee”, <— that’s the no ******** rule).

As folks in this forum already know, the GT4 Clubsport is a suh-weet car. As Ferris would say, “if you have the means, I highly recommend it”. So at least renting a seat with Kynarren Racing puts you in an awesome car. 😊
Old 12-03-2020, 01:18 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Mae are running a bit less camber and have generally softened the shocks as well (shocks are the Manthey KW 2 ways)
Actually one last question. Did you have to change the height on the car at all? The streets should be way less taller than the slicks? So in theory the car would sit lower.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:49 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
2200 for P Slicks...vs 1600 for Sport Cup 2's from what I'm seeing on Tire Rack.....Thats a fair diff in cost.
find p slick take offs for $400 and dont look back..

Quick Reply: First race!