Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Did all 981 GT4’s come with PCM 3.1?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 03:20 PM
sjii92
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did all 981 GT4’s come with PCM 3.1?

Hi,

Looking at a great GT4, ticks all boxes < 1000 miles also. One thing however is that it doesn’t have sound package plus, albeit I would like to install the NM Apple CarPlay solution.

Attached a pic of the interior - this definitely isn’t the CD-R multimedia solution.

Just wondered if all GT4’s had PCM 3.1? - this is the requirement for the retrospective install.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2020, 03:43 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

IIRC it depends on region. It would help if you put your country. From you photo I am guessing UK. In the US all cars came with sound package plus but not PCM. They are mutually exclusive. I believe PCM is required for Nav, not for the upgraded audio.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:47 PM
sjii92
Track Day

Originally Posted by sonorous
IIRC it depends on region. It would help if you put your country. From you photo I am guessing UK. In the US all cars came with sound package plus but not PCM. They are mutually exclusive. I believe PCM is required for Nav, not for the upgraded audio.

Many thanks for your reply - yes I am indeed in the UK.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:59 PM
sjii92
Track Day

Originally Posted by sjii92
Many thanks for your reply - yes I am indeed in the UK.
My apologies to answer further, I am in the UK - is there any way we can recognise here if this has PCM 3.1, were all UK supplied cars inclusive of 3.1 (this does not have CD R, this makes me believe it does?).
Old 06-28-2020, 12:04 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My understanding is all GT4 had PCM 3.1 as standard and then you could spec it. The pic you have shown looks to be base spec and appears to have no Bluetooth module (absence of the SIM slot on the front). Buyers in the UK are very fussy so the price for that car needs reflect the absence of BT and Nav etc. It's also got manual AC which some buyers only accept full climate control.

Is that the yellow car with c700 miles on it? I was interested in that car last year as it had the seats and was the colour i wanted, but the lack of connectivity put me off in terms of residuals and re-selling. It's been for sale for a long time (at a top price now) and any benefits you get from the very low miles will be wiped off when you drive it. There are plenty of cars with less than 10k miles and with a good rev report and scheduled servicing may offer better value. Has that car had it's 2 and 4yr service including plugs? On the plus side I've spoken with the seller who deals from home and he's straight talking genuine enthusiast.

Having bought a 4k miler from OPC with all the 'extras' looking back I'd buy without Nav to get a cheaper car (3.1 Nav is limited compared to phone options) but I wouldn't have a car without BT. Tha'ts just me, we are all different.

Quick Reply: Did all 981 GT4’s come with PCM 3.1?