Incoming - Racing Yellow GT4 <700 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 09:05 AM
sjii92
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Incoming - Racing Yellow GT4 <700 Miles

Hi,

As you guys are probably aware, I have been trying to hunt down a GT4 for a couple of weeks, but it had to be the right example. Managed to get a Racing Yellow example, with 680 miles on the clock, kept in a dehumidified garage. Serviced little over 6-7 months ago (not sure why it needed!) ... Only thing is that I it does not have PCM 3.1, but the spec otherwise is perfect as per the below (did not want buckets).

In terms of checks, it has had the transmission recall completed at Porsche. Car has never been tracked over the course of those 670 miles. Will likely get a Porsche Warranty added (not sure on the yearly cost in the UK) just for absolute peace of mind. Assume these cars otherwise are bullet proof.

Pictures incoming....(Friday expected delivery).
The following users liked this post:
RSNV (06-24-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Ronnie Candiloro
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

You picked the right color! Congrats!!

RSNV (06-24-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Ronnie Candiloro
Rennlist Member

I did get the extended warranty for piece of mind.........
Kelsey (06-25-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 04:39 PM
sjii92
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ronnie Candiloro
You picked the right color! Congrats!!
Thank you - yours looks absolutely stunning. What are your thoughts on the car? How long have you owned for?
Old 06-24-2020, 08:50 PM
Ronnie Candiloro
Rennlist Member

I've owned the car for about 5 months now......absolutely love it. Not the fastest car I've owned, but definitely the most fun. BEST manual transmission ever! Absolute butter. Love the way it sounds........sensational handling and brakes. Love the way it looks. I've never been a big fan of yellow, but on this car it really works, just stunning in person. But the interior matching stitching and yellow accents really closed the deal for me. My dream car is a GT3, but we did a drive the other day and my GT4 was parked directly in front of a GT3 and I have to tell you that aesthetically I preferred the GT4. I never thought I'd say that. Mine has the carbon ceramic brakes and Light Weight Bucket seats. Added RSNV risers, which makes a BIG difference........I didn't buy the car to turn heads, but it truly does have people gawking at every stoplight......Porsche hit it out of the park with the GT4, you will love it!
RSNV (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 06:00 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by sjii92
...Serviced little over 6-7 months ago (not sure why it needed!) ...
Scheduled service is based on Time "or" Mileage, whichever comes first.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:47 PM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronnie Candiloro
I've owned the car for about 5 months now......absolutely love it. Not the fastest car I've owned, but definitely the most fun. BEST manual transmission ever! Absolute butter. Love the way it sounds........sensational handling and brakes. Love the way it looks. I've never been a big fan of yellow, but on this car it really works, just stunning in person. But the interior matching stitching and yellow accents really closed the deal for me. My dream car is a GT3, but we did a drive the other day and my GT4 was parked directly in front of a GT3 and I have to tell you that aesthetically I preferred the GT4. I never thought I'd say that. Mine has the carbon ceramic brakes and Light Weight Bucket seats. Added RSNV risers, which makes a BIG difference........I didn't buy the car to turn heads, but it truly does have people gawking at every stoplight......Porsche hit it out of the park with the GT4, you will love it!
I agree with you. I think the GT4 is a better looking car than the GT3. Just wait until you track it - and pass GT3’s on the track. That’s fun.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:08 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Warranty in UK is c£600pa and the need for 111 point check which some dealers may defray the cost especially if it's just had the major service. Sometimes there is a wait period (I think 6 months) where an owner buys from a Non-OPC dealer before you can get warranty.

I note you talked about tyres. For warranty renewal UK OPC will NOT warranty a car with tyres other than N-rated ones. Sadly the Michelin 4S are not N-rated in our size! Cup2 are good but care needed in wet/cold weather. Any other non-approved extras/fitting they also take a dim view - even a dash camera! I kid you not!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:57 PM
sjii92
Track Day

Originally Posted by Zingari
Warranty in UK is c£600pa and the need for 111 point check which some dealers may defray the cost especially if it's just had the major service. Sometimes there is a wait period (I think 6 months) where an owner buys from a Non-OPC dealer before you can get warranty.

I note you talked about tyres. For warranty renewal UK OPC will NOT warranty a car with tyres other than N-rated ones. Sadly the Michelin 4S are not N-rated in our size! Cup2 are good but care needed in wet/cold weather. Any other non-approved extras/fitting they also take a dim view - even a dash camera! I kid you not!
Excellent, thanks for the UK insight. Sitting on Cup 2's at the moment and have no intention to change now that I know that the 4S are not N-Rated. But yes, non approved extras / fittings are a no go zone for me I think, unless completely reversible within a morning. Any luck with any particular OPC in the UK regarding the circa £600 PA Warranty? - My dealer said £2k for 2 years....can they set their own pricing (which does not sit well with me!).

Old 07-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealers shouldn't set their own pricing for the warranty as it is fixed by Porsche. Does that cost include the 111 inspection cost and a service? Sounds like they are adding on extras? The great thing about the GT4 is the warranty cost is the same as for a base Cayman which runs at roughly half that of the 911 range.

This is where the prices 'should' be (2019 figures but no chance AFAIK)

111 point check - £252.00 Inc. VAT

12 months Porsche Approved Warranty - £660.00
24 months Porsche Approved Warranty - £1,190.00

12 months Porsche Assistance - £175.00
24 months Porsche Assistance - £285.00

Going forward I probably won't bother with Porsche Assistance as they usually sub-contract it out. My chum had the AA recover him under their scheme.

Quick Reply: Incoming - Racing Yellow GT4 <700 Miles