Sponsored by: APR

Joyeauto Apple CarPlay DIY install for CDR31 unit in my GT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 10:52 AM
spyderdoc
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
Can't find a link or picture of someone posting the wire tap to the factory microphone before. Can someone post it? Thanks
I am interested in this as well since the mic that comes with the device is a bit unpleasant to the eye (I used 2-sided tape on the top of the steering column)...
Old 06-30-2022, 07:18 PM
Four Ring Circus
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

I have JoyeAuto on a car I purchased this winter from a Porsche dealer. I have no idea how to activate the JoyeAuto. I tried long press on the Nav button but it does nothing. I tried unplugging the fuse that the JoyeAuto is presumably using. I hear a click but then nothing. Does anyone have any installation instructions or help with this? My GT4 has the basic PCM 3.1. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:44 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would appear there is now a simpler option to the Joyauto system that allows the use of the original microphone. https://www.isudar.com/collections/w...39428865294418

A chap in the UK that fitted it reckons doing it again he could do the job in 30mins as there's no external gubbins.

The following users liked this post:
Feezy (07-27-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 01:48 AM
JMak
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you! I am planning to installing this!
Old 07-29-2022, 12:25 PM
Nova555
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zingari
It would appear there is now a simpler option to the Joyauto system that allows the use of the original microphone. https://www.isudar.com/collections/w...39428865294418

A chap in the UK that fitted it reckons doing it again he could do the job in 30mins as there's no external gubbins.

But that is an Isudar unit not joyeauto. This thread is about joyeauto and CDR31.

There are other threads for both joyeauto for PCM3.1 and isudar for PCM 3.1.

I just don’t want to get confused.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:22 PM
35Mugen
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I've had the Joyeauto Apple CarPlay module installed in my CDR31 equipped GT4 and everything has been working perfectly from a functionality perspective. The one, and only one grip I have is that the resolution of the OEM screen is complete garbage. When my 8 year old son rides in my car he keeps asking if my car is really old and from the 1990's just based upon what he sees from the screen. He's not wrong.

I'm wondering if there's a way or a product that would address this issue. Swap/retofit the higher resolution OEM screen from a 718 or an aftermarket hi-res screen working in conjunction with the Joyeauto module. That would be quite the solution.

Last edited by 35Mugen; 08-17-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:14 AM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 35Mugen
I've had the Joyeauto Apple CarPlay module installed in my CDR31 equipped GT4 and everything has been working perfectly from a functionality perspective. The one, and only one grip I have is that the resolution of the OEM screen is complete garbage. When my 8 year old son rides in my car he keeps asking if my car is really old and from the 1990's just based upon what he sees from the screen. He's not wrong.

I'm wondering if there's a way or a product that would address this issue. Swap/retofit the higher resolution OEM screen from a 718 or an aftermarket hi-res screen working in conjunction with the Joyeauto module. That would be quite the solution.
Plenty of people have used an aftermarket HU, if that's what you mean by aftermarket hi-res screen. I'm about to swap my CDR31 with a Kenwood Excelon DMX957XR head unit, which is 720p. Main reason I didn't go with Joyeauto was sound quality, but since I was swapping HUs I picked the Excelon because of the screen res, and the Kenwood logo is printed on top of the glass, so i'm pretty sure I can remove the logo altogether using Goo Gone for a more OEM look. Also, you can change the boot splash screen to, say, a GT4 logo. Lastly, it has white-illuminated buttons going horizontally across the bottom, which I think matches the interior aesthetic. I'll post up in the other head unit thread once I'm done.

Last edited by Anu2g; 08-17-2022 at 11:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Anu2g:
Schwinn (08-17-2022), SFZ GT3 (04-13-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 12:17 AM
mmsp
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth connectivity

I am having issues with Bluetooth connection, 50% of the time it works and the other 50% it doesn’t. I have to stop the engine remove the key and restart then it will connect. Installer said it is my phone but my other Bluetooth devices connect 100%. Using iPhone 11 with ios16.2, any thoughts cause I am not sure a newer phone would solve this is.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:40 PM
JMak
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone found a decent camera to use?

Just got my Joyeauto when I was in China and ready to install it.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by JMak
Anyone found a decent camera to use?

Just got my Joyeauto when I was in China and ready to install it.

I have two of these installed (F&R) and have been very pleased.

NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera
Old 03-02-2023, 03:22 PM
SkysTheLimit
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Last_935
I have two of these installed (F&R) and have been very pleased.

NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera
Can you elaborate on how you wired everything to the car and Joyeauto unit?

I just installed the Joyeauto on my CDR with success but I cannot get the Nakita (rear only) camera working. I had wired the power cable from the camera to the red power cable coming out of the Joyeauto harness, the yellow cables connected, and the trigger wire coming off the Nakita yellow RCA connector to the orange trigger wire off of the Joyeauto harness.

When I put the car in reverse, nothing changes on my screen. There is no blank camera or anything, it seems like the unit does not physically change screens or recognize that reverse is triggered.

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-02-2023, 03:42 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit

I just installed the Joyeauto on my CDR with success but I cannot get the Nakita (rear only) camera working. I had wired the power cable from the camera to the red power cable coming out of the Joyeauto harness, the yellow cables connected, and the trigger wire coming off the Nakita yellow RCA connector to the orange trigger wire off of the Joyeauto harness.

When I put the car in reverse, nothing changes on my screen. There is no blank camera or anything, it seems like the unit does not physically change screens or recognize that reverse is triggered.

Thanks for any help!

The JoyeAuto resource links below may be of some assistance in your efforts to get your system working correctly.

To log in and see the instructions etc you will need these passwords

https://www.joyeauto.com/support/upgrade/
Download password: joyedow

https://www.joyeauto.com/support/installation/
Password: joyeins

https://www.joyeauto.com/support/tech-supports-tips/
Password: joyetec

https://www.joyeauto.com/support/user-manual/
Password: joyeauto*

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:10 PM
spyderdoc
Advanced

Thanks for any help!

It has been 2 years since I did mine, so my memory may be a little foggy, but I had the same issue. From what I remember, there was a purple wire (the one that says "not needed" on the diagram) that they told me to use to connect the camera trigger wire to instead of the orange one, and that solved the issue
Old 03-08-2023, 12:59 AM
SkysTheLimit
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spyderdoc
It has been 2 years since I did mine, so my memory may be a little foggy, but I had the same issue. From what I remember, there was a purple wire (the one that says "not needed" on the diagram) that they told me to use to connect the camera trigger wire to instead of the orange one, and that solved the issue
Many thanks for getting back to me. I decided to tear everything apart again and give it one more try. I don’t know exactly what I did differently, but I finally got it working. In case anyone needs for future reference (since I have purchased a recent unit that has a slightly different harness than the instructions):

I connected the Nakita red power wire to the blue/black reverse light wire. Black ground wire can go anywhere - I chose another bolt that was already used for grounding purposes. The long yellow RCA plug is plugged into the RREAR Joyeauto harness input, and the extra red wire coming off of the yellow RCA plug from
the camera is plugged into the orange wire coming off the Joyeauto harness. I believe this orange wire is the same as the purple wire that spyderdoc mentioned, which, coincidentally also is “not used” in the instruction manual. My unit’s harness did not contain any purple wire. Good riddance!

Last edited by SkysTheLimit; 03-08-2023 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:36 AM
spyderdoc
Advanced

Many thanks for getting back to me. I decided to tear everything apart again and give it one more try. I don’t know exactly what I did differently, but I finally got it working. In case anyone needs for future reference (since I have purchased a recent unit that has a slightly different harness than the instructions):

I connected the Nakita red power wire to the blue/black reverse light wire. Black ground wire can go anywhere - I chose another bolt that was already used for grounding purposes. The long yellow RCA plug is plugged into the RREAR Joyeauto harness input, and the extra red wire coming off of the yellow RCA plug from
the camera is plugged into the orange wire coming off the Joyeauto harness. I believe this orange wire is the same as the purple wire that spyderdoc mentioned, which, coincidentally also is “not used” in the instruction manual. My unit’s harness did not contain any purple wire. Good riddance!
Glad you got it working! Enjoy

Quick Reply: Joyeauto Apple CarPlay DIY install for CDR31 unit in my GT4