Bringing the Spyder home 1,200 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 08:09 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 229 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Well, I went in to the dealership today and that is a no-go on PTS
Shoot. Sorry to hear that but totally agree -- a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I did add three things to my final build: painted rollbars, leather wheel and shifter (both like on my 981) as my SA convinced me that they will wear quickly and not look good. .
Get your-bad-self an FF shift ball and you'll do what I did -- store the OEM shift **** in a box to hand to the person who eventually buys the car from my children's children.

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 01-14-2022 at 08:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-14-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 08:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Congrats on the allocation and build. My take is I would keep the 718 Spyder and sell the 981 Spyder. If I bought a car new, it would likely be something that I would keep for a long time since it was ordered exactly as I wanted it, I would know the history since day one and it would be maintained exactly how I'd want. I'll also add that the buckets make a difference in how locked in you feel when driving the car. Yes, they're harder to get in and out of, but once you're in them they're comfortable for me even being someone that is taller. This is coming from someone that does not have buckets (I have a 997.1 GT3), but I have plenty of passenger seat time in them and a limited amount of driver seat time in them.
MaddMike (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 09:42 PM
MaddMike
Drifting

Received 1,738 Likes on 846 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Congrats on the allocation and build. My take is I would keep the 718 Spyder and sell the 981 Spyder. If I bought a car new, it would likely be something that I would keep for a long time since it was ordered exactly as I wanted it, I would know the history since day one and it would be maintained exactly how I'd want. I'll also add that the buckets make a difference in how locked in you feel when driving the car. Yes, they're harder to get in and out of, but once you're in them they're comfortable for me even being someone that is taller. This is coming from someone that does not have buckets (I have a 997.1 GT3), but I have plenty of passenger seat time in them and a limited amount of driver seat time in them.
I must say that I agree with you. Love me some buckets and CCBs and I really like the Genitian Blue, which I changed my build to.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:38 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be bias but you have good taste in cars.
MaddMike (01-27-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 06:29 PM
Dunanthin
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great 👍

Quick Reply: Bringing the Spyder home 1,200 miles