One of the first GT4 in US?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of the first GT4 in US?

Just thought I would share this.

Went into pick up my car today, and saw an unsold GT4. But sorry, told my buddy and he jumped on it! So it's sold!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:32 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Awesome! Cant believe this car was sitting on a lot unsold

Is it metallic white or standard?
Old 06-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

There was actually two. Both identical. Both Plain white. MSRP 94k or so.

Both sold in like an hour.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:46 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,740 Likes on 2,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Fowwiee

Big premium over MSRP?
Old 06-18-2015, 07:48 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Observation - it would appear he has the leather option as evidenced by the platinum silver stitching on the dash. But, as I expected, no silver stitching on the steering wheel, and the door pulls are black not silver.

I guessed the extra cost for the "deviating" stitching in yellow and red versus silver was more than a color change. Yellow and Red deviating appears to include deviating stitching on the wheel, and the matching door pulls, whereas the Platinum Silver does not include these bits.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:50 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Observation - it would appear he has the leather option as evidenced by the platinum silver stitching on the dash. But, as I expected, no silver stitching on the steering wheel, and the door pulls are black not silver.
I think the steering wheel does have silver stitching (look at about 5 o'clock), but black door pulls as described on confirgurator.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
Big premium over MSRP?
He got it at MSRP.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

I guessed the extra cost for the "deviating" stitching in yellow and red versus silver was more than a color change. Yellow and Red deviating appears to include deviating stitching on the wheel, and the matching door pulls, whereas the Platinum Silver does not include these bits.
It does have leather option.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:59 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

He got it at MSRP.
That's great for him! Right place at right time
Old 06-18-2015, 08:07 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think the steering wheel does have silver stitching (look at about 5 o'clock), but black door pulls as described on confirgurator.
No, it looks exactly like the stitching that was on my C GTS. The Plantinum Silver is a big contrast - easy to see white on black. The stitching is slightly different color than the grey Alcantara but not deviating unfortunately.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No, it looks exactly like the stitching that was on my C GTS. The Plantinum Silver is a big contrast - easy to see white on black. The stitching is slightly different color than the grey Alcantara but not deviating unfortunately.
I can see stitching plainly enough on the photo of the instrument cluster. If it doesn't match the dashboard stitching color, what color would it be? Not that it matters much to me given how little time I'd be staring at the inside of my steering wheel.

Door pulls we already knew from launch car photos and the 3D configurator would not be the same color as the stitching.

Oh well, worst case if the other colors are actually different and I'll be missing out by going Platinum, I guess people going Red or Yellow can take comfort in knowing they're getting something for their $1090 beyond a different color dye for a bit of string and matching door pulls.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:24 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess it doesn't matter given that they sold so quickly (no surprise) but I wonder why they didn't offer those allocations to customers who wanted to order one to their liking? I find it hard to imagine that no interested buyers called this particular dealership before these allocations locked.

But OP if your car was one of the twins at this dealership (or you happened to go for Platinum stitching), care to take a look at your steering wheel stitching to settle the question above? Or ask your buddy to do so?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:32 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
I guess it doesn't matter given that they sold so quickly (no surprise) but I wonder why they didn't offer those allocations to customers who wanted to order one to their liking? I find it hard to imagine that no interested buyers called this particular dealership before these allocations locked.
Because Santa Claus really does exist! At least on Rennlist...
Old 06-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Default One of the first GT4 in US?

Here is the window sticker
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jphughan
I can see stitching plainly enough on the photo of the instrument cluster. If it doesn't match the dashboard stitching color, what color would it be? Not that it matters much to me given how little time I'd be staring at the inside of my steering wheel.

Door pulls we already knew from launch car photos and the 3D configurator would not be the same color as the stitching.

Oh well, worst case if the other colors are actually different and I'll be missing out by going Platinum, I guess people going Red or Yellow can take comfort in knowing they're getting something for their $1090 beyond a different color dye for a bit of string and matching door pulls.
The steering wheels does have the different color stitching. The door handle does not have contrast color tho.

Quick Reply: One of the first GT4 in US?