Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GTSilver pics please

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 11 Posts

Car showed up Wednesday while I was out of town. Picked it up today. Forgot how much fun a stick is. Never sat in a Cayman before. Mirrors leave some nice blind spots.
Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2015, 01:13 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny. This is my car. Picked it up sometime after this pic was taken.

Originally Posted by arena-RTR
Here you go!

Old 08-01-2015, 01:27 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gef3rd
Car showed up Wednesday while I was out of town. Picked it up today. Forgot how much fun a stick is. Never sat in a Cayman before. Mirrors leave some nice blind spots.
It looks like you got one of the two identical GT Silver Auto Gallery cars. I have been trying to figure out the story behind those getting configured that way. If you don't mind my asking.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:11 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan993
What a beauty, really highlights all the curves.
Congrats.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:58 AM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan993
Congrats, Dan! Looks amazing.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:21 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Originally Posted by gmaki
It looks like you got one of the two identical GT Silver Auto Gallery cars. I have been trying to figure out the story behind those getting configured that way. If you don't mind my asking.
I have purchased a lot of cars from them, mostly from their Ferrari dealership before they "sold" it to Ferrari of Beverly Hills. I received a call about two early cars coming in (white and GT silver) and asked if I was interested. I did not spec the car and chose the silver one. Never really thought about a GT4 but after doing some research it sounded like a fun car to drive. I bought a 2014 and 2015 GT3 from them and while the PDK transmission is incredible, there's something about a stick that just makes you feel more connected.

I have another car on the water right now. I will probably sell this GT4 in the next month or two. If I end up falling in love with it I'll probably spec a GT4 and sell the incoming car when the spec'd GT4 shows up.

I tried selling my 2014 GT3 with less than 200 miles on Rennlist for MSRP. I sold it because I was not a fan of the white gauges (my mistake) and I was able to spec the buckets on the 15. I got some abuse for asking such an outrageous price (no good deed goes unpunished) so I'll probably put it on consignment at a dealer when the time comes.

I know The Auto Gallery gets abused on this forum. I have always had a great experience with them and they've always been more than fair. I offered them my '14 GT3 and they turned it down. I ended up selling it to McKenna for 2K back of MSRP after my Rennlist deal fell through due to financing. I actually bought the '15 GT3 from them for less than MSRP. They knew I had an allocation from Pacific and wanted my business so they offered me an earlier allocation and discount.

I have referred friends to them and they've always been treated well.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying something nice about them but you asked!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Type901
Congrats, Dan! Looks amazing.
Thanks. Sounds great, shifts like a dream. Not the thread for a review, and I don't have enough time behind the wheel to do one, but word of caution: This car is low. I scraped the front lip three times on my way home. I used to scrape the lip on my 997TT, but have become used to no worries with my 991TTS. Now I have to pay more attention when I drive the GT4. The horror. The horror.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:56 AM
number 9
Racer

Originally Posted by arena-RTR
What do you mean spend $3000 NOT to get the satellite antenna?
PCM w/ nav = $2,965

With no upgraded audio options the Sound Package Plus and the USB connection is important to me so this was basically purchased as insurance. Other PCM features may soften the blow as I may use them but I really didn't want to modify the stock audio setup and anything less that SPP in my CR would be completely unusable IMO. I expect the gt4 to be a little louder inside so that's that.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:38 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have purchased a lot of cars from them, mostly from their Ferrari dealership before they "sold" it to Ferrari of Beverly Hills. I received a call about two early cars coming in (white and GT silver) and asked if I was interested. I did not spec the car and chose the silver one. Never really thought about a GT4 but after doing some research it sounded like a fun car to drive. I bought a 2014 and 2015 GT3 from them and while the PDK transmission is incredible, there's something about a stick that just makes you feel more connected.

I have another car on the water right now. I will probably sell this GT4 in the next month or two. If I end up falling in love with it I'll probably spec a GT4 and sell the incoming car when the spec'd GT4 shows up.

I tried selling my 2014 GT3 with less than 200 miles on Rennlist for MSRP. I sold it because I was not a fan of the white gauges (my mistake) and I was able to spec the buckets on the 15. I got some abuse for asking such an outrageous price (no good deed goes unpunished) so I'll probably put it on consignment at a dealer when the time comes.

I know The Auto Gallery gets abused on this forum. I have always had a great experience with them and they've always been more than fair. I offered them my '14 GT3 and they turned it down. I ended up selling it to McKenna for 2K back of MSRP after my Rennlist deal fell through due to financing. I actually bought the '15 GT3 from them for less than MSRP. They knew I had an allocation from Pacific and wanted my business so they offered me an earlier allocation and discount.

I have referred friends to them and they've always been treated well.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying something nice about them but you asked!
Haha yes I did ask. And thank you for the answer. No flaming from me about Auto Gallery as I have not enough experience with them personally to have any strong opinion one way or the other. If anything I owe them since I use them often as my own personal viewing house for Porsche (along with the Audi dealer next door). The only Porsche dealer I personally have a slight beef with is Westlake, and even that has more to do with a particular sales guy who would have been better suited to selling Fords.

In any event I was really just curious about those cars and you confirmed that the dealer spec'd them. Well... actually I do not even think the dealer did, because of the two identical cars that went to Rusnak, another car just like those went to Circle so it seems the factory must be configuring those cars or something.

In any event good luck with the GT4, I hope you love it because I hope I end up loving mine. I don't quite have the resources to change my mind as often as you do so I pretty much have to love mine for awhile... haha.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:56 PM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rats!!! I see your picts were taken at Peninsula Center... I was hoping that my GT Silver GT4 (currently on order, Oct delivery) would be the only one up on the hill. Oh well... nice to know that I'm in good company.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Originally Posted by pvgolfer
Rats!!! I see your picts were taken at Peninsula Center... I was hoping that my GT Silver GT4 (currently on order, Oct delivery) would be the only one up on the hill. Oh well... nice to know that I'm in good company.
If you're a member at PV you'll probably see it. If not, not so much. The only place I feel comfortable parking them is at the club, otherwise I just drive them and bring them home.

I will probably be taking it up to Willow after I get past break in. Let me know if you want to go when your car shows up.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Here's another picture that my SA sent me of some GT4's that arrived at the dealership:

Name:  20150730_185602_resized_zpsho22orwr.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  134.2 KB
Old 08-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Simon Templar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
Here's another picture that my SA sent me of some GT4's that arrived at the dealership:

Starting to think that I like the silver more than the white (do we know if this is GT or Rhodium?)..
Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 PM
NAAMAZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twins not indetical

Here is a picture of mine and my friends sitting in the dealership. Now I have to get my butt to Fargo to pick it up. Will be broken in by the time I get it home. Better pics when I have it in my hands!
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon Templar
Starting to think that I like the silver more than the white (do we know if this is GT or Rhodium?)..
From that picture, silver looks better, more exotic for sure.
It makes white so pedestrian.

Quick Reply: GTSilver pics please