Sponsored by: APR

GTSilver pics please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:43 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GTSilver pics please

Can anyone post a decent pic of a gtsilver gt4? Someone in the world has got to have one by now, someone even posted that some 30% of cars were ordered in this color although I'm hoping not!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:03 PM
sliollio
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to see some as well! The wait it killing me!! And I have a feeling that color distribution thread was very skewed. No way ~30% ordered GT Silver given the fact that there are 12 color options (not including PTS). Not to mention GT silver is an extra $2600... Purely guessing, but I'd say 10% at most ordered it, and that even feels high.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:08 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sliollio
I'd love to see some as well! The wait it killing me!! And I have a feeling that color distribution thread was very skewed. No way ~30% ordered GT Silver given the fact that there are 12 color options (not including PTS). Not to mention GT silver is an extra $2600... Purely guessing, but I'd say 10% at most ordered it, and that even feels high.
Are you talking about my data? Out of 79 cars I have registered, 9 (11.39%) are GT Silver and I am 99% positive that 3 of those are dealer spec'd cars. So yeah it seems to be suitably rare.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Why does it matter how many they make in one particular color? So that in a couple of years you'll have the for sale ad saying " selling GT4 1 of 20 in ... color " and ask for a premium?
I can't stand when those that have an allocation secretly pray that Porsche won't make too many so they can sell their car for more money! I want them to make millions of GT4s so that anyone that can afford one gets it! And I have an allocation.
This is not an investment,if you think you're investing while buying this car,you are in the wrong business. Many other ways to make money,the car is not one of them.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:17 PM
sliollio
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmaki
Are you talking about my data? Out of 79 cars I have registered, 9 (11.39%) are GT Silver and I am 99% positive that 3 of those are dealer spec'd cars. So yeah it seems to be suitably rare.
Ahh 11% sounds much more reasonable; I read your data whenever you posted it! Very kind of you to do! Just couldn't remember your GTsilver numbers off the top of my head and I saw the "30%" and knew there was no way so had to have been skewed. But thanks for the clarification. And on a side note, I'm still waiting for my SA to send me my vin# so I can pm you all the cars' info for your data
Old 07-30-2015, 07:28 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sliollio
Ahh 11% sounds much more reasonable; I read your data whenever you posted it! Very kind of you to do! Just couldn't remember your GTsilver numbers off the top of my head and I saw the "30%" and knew there was no way so had to have been skewed. But thanks for the clarification. And on a side note, I'm still waiting for my SA to send me my vin# so I can pm you all the cars' info for your data
Thanks and yes I'll take any and all VIN's I can get. 100 is my goal. I have been picking up a few here and there from Autotrader and other online sites.

I am pretty convinced at this point that the current allocations for NA are 600 and they are VIN 197000 through 197599. so that when we see a number over 197600 we know we are into round 2 of allocations. For NA anyway.

That is why I really want to see a European VIN to validate that theory.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:56 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Why does it matter how many they make in one particular color? So that in a couple of years you'll have the for sale ad saying " selling GT4 1 of 20 in ... color " and ask for a premium?
I can't stand when those that have an allocation secretly pray that Porsche won't make too many so they can sell their car for more money! I want them to make millions of GT4s so that anyone that can afford one gets it! And I have an allocation.
This is not an investment,if you think you're investing while buying this car,you are in the wrong business. Many other ways to make money,the car is not one of them.
Some people want their exterior color to be as low production as possible because it goes to their feeling that their cars are rare/special/exclusive. Not advocating or denouncing this position, just saying. So I'm not so sure it always has to do with thinking about resale down the line (though of course it does for some).
Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Tough to decipher GT vs Rhodium sometimes via picture (in person its easy), but how about this:

Seems to have the darker tone, rather than the blue undertones of Rhodium.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Having seen both in person I think that pic is the best representation of GT silver I have seen in picture form. Looks like it was taken with great bright but diffuse lighting (probably overcast).

Even if that car is Rhodium it still LOOKS like GT.

As you point out the difference between the two is well within the margin of error on most monitors, so you really just have to see it in person.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Some people want their exterior color to be as low production as possible because it goes to their feeling that their cars are rare/special/exclusive. Not advocating or denouncing this position, just saying. So I'm not so sure it always has to do with thinking about resale down the line (though of course it does for some).
I appreciate your input sportscentury and of course you are correct. I was being a bit harsh but I see too many posts with people concerned about resale value. Yes,nothing wrong with that,but the discussion about value gets tiring after a while IMO. Personally,I have never made a profit after selling one of my cars in the past,I have actually always lost money. But the enjoyment alone made it worthwhile. Sure,I have never owned a 997.2 GT3RS and it would be nice to sell the GT4 at a profit,but I'm not going to be bothered with that aspect and I won't spec the car for the next guy.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Auto gallery just received 2 yesterday. I'm not sure if it's still there, but they looked great. If I can't get PTS, that's my backup color.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I appreciate your input sportscentury and of course you are correct. I was being a bit harsh but I see too many posts with people concerned about resale value. Yes,nothing wrong with that,but the discussion about value gets tiring after a while IMO. Personally,I have never made a profit after selling one of my cars in the past,I have actually always lost money. But the enjoyment alone made it worthwhile. Sure,I have never owned a 997.2 GT3RS and it would be nice to sell the GT4 at a profit,but I'm not going to be bothered with that aspect and I won't spec the car for the next guy.
Just look at the Mexico blue gt3 that is for sale right now. Asking 225k! all because it's a rare color lol.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:48 PM
Dan993
Instructor

Default Mine has just arrived. GTSilver.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:54 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Tough to decipher GT vs Rhodium sometimes via picture (in person its easy), but how about this:

Seems to have the darker tone, rather than the blue undertones of Rhodium.
Yes, that is GT silver. I know some have reported having trouble distinguishing GT and Rhodium from internet pictures, but I've never found it all that difficult. If anything, I have seen some GT silver p-cars that I thought at first glance were Agate. Rhodium is much lighter and brighter and it pops more than GT. GT is deeper, darker and stealthier. Both are great but they are very different silvers. I had GT on my last 911 and enjoyed it quite a bit. And I considered Rhodium for the GT4 and think those who have selected it will be quite happy (it's right in between arctic and polar, two classic Porsche silvers). The GT silver GT4 shown in the photo above looks absolutely fantastic. Unless you are someone who simply hates silver in general, GT silver is sure to please. Some people complain about the current standard palette of colors, and I think the complaining is valid with respect to the presence or absence of certain colors, but the two silvers on the current palette are hard to dislike.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an Arctic Silver Boxster and you are correct, GT is darker and more gray
where Rhodium silver has a blue tint to it.
Personally, I like all silvers and was going to go with Rhodium, but since I've had silver for the past 10 years , I thought I'd try something else....Sapphire Blue.

Quick Reply: GTSilver pics please