Sponsored by: APR

Portland and Seattle GT4 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:07 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seapar
Porsche club Pacific Northwest has a fall club tour from Seattle to Cannon Beach, OR near Tillamook. Twisties just inland from Columbia River to cannon beach. Rather than the fwy.
When? Sounds like fun. PM details.

-mark
Old 05-23-2016, 02:09 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Anyone attend Portland C&C Porsche day this weekend? Weather wasn't ideal...and my car was getting counter-measures installed.

-mark
Old 05-23-2016, 02:43 AM
Yomi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were two GT4s. I was with the main group that parked in the featured area (up front). A brand new Sapphire Blue came later to the main lot and we had a nice talk.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:34 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Originally Posted by Yomi
There were two GT4s. I was with the main group that parked in the featured area (up front). A brand new Sapphire Blue came later to the main lot and we had a nice talk.

Ok, great...you represented well. I really wanted to attend...My 4 day CM install took 6+. Does the SB owner post on Rennlist?

Your car looks unusually clean Dana?? Or was that just the rain? Do that too often and they will mistake it for my Carmine red GT4

-mark
Old 05-23-2016, 11:10 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out pnwr.org for Porsche club Pacific Northwest events; track days, tours, social, etc.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Yomi
Instructor

Originally Posted by mcdavis
Ok, great...you represented well. I really wanted to attend...My 4 day CM install took 6+. Does the SB owner post on Rennlist?
The plans for a nice by-year lineup didn't last long. Sorry Harry. It was at the end center of the feature section so was nicely shown and got a lot of attention.

Your car looks unusually clean Dana?? Or was that just the rain? Do that too often and they will mistake it for my Carmine red GT4
Ha! I washed it the night before (and discovered all the things missing in our new house -- almost couldn't do it for lack of a long enough hose). Also put on the license plates the night before (front is a tow-hook quick release from US Millworks).

In other news, right before the second autocross run yesterday I couldn't get my front seat belt to latch. It's always been a little strange -- holding but not giving any tactile or noise indication that it went in properly. Now it won't do anything. I'm using the passenger attachment for now, have to call up Sunset.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:38 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd like to drive up for RTC sometime...When do you need to arrive?

-mark
The rest of you guys can jump in if what I say is incorrect. I have only been to the ERTC meet a handful of times. From what I remember, if there is no special event then you should be fine if you get there by 8:45am. For special days (aka Porsche day) you will want to be there around 8:15am to guarantee a spot.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:48 AM
SuperflyJohnson
Track Day

98.7% sure I'll do RTC this weekend. Happy to go in convoy!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM
mgerber
Pro

Originally Posted by SuperflyJohnson
98.7% sure I'll do RTC this weekend. Happy to go in convoy!
I am game. Hopefully the weather holds out for us. Will coordinate via this thread for anyone that is interested.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 AM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry, will be biking
Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 AM
stovesax
Track Day

-mark
Yep, that I do. I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout despite the rain.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:09 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

I'd def be there at 8:45 if ringing a car to 'display'. Weather looks sketchy - they do cancel if rain
Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 PM
mgerber
Pro

Looks like we are rained out this weekend. Bummer.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:39 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

if it rains, I won't be biking and can attend
Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Yomi
Instructor

I was looking forward to the Dallesport test and tune weekend, but the new seatbelt latch is still in Germany, so no car. I got the whole family to go to the Dalles for the weekend, so I may stop by.

It went on the alignment rack as well, and we found positive camber in the back. I didn't get the entire story nor have I seen before/after sheets, but I gather this was a mechanical issue with a known tech fix (that is, it was not a mis-alignment, but something to do with the subframe mount). All fixed.

After getting to factory specs, they put it up again and completely maxed it is -1.3 front, -1.2 rear. No more without changing toe or going to aftermarket parts. Since I want to stay in S03 / XSS, I guess that's it. While obviously better than wrong camber, and better than the non-GT4 Cayman factory -0.5, it's still kind of low. I was crossing fingers for -2.5...

Interestingly, this (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8876...-limits-5.html) says factory specs for the GT4 are -1.5 +/- .05 camber front and rear, and Sunset says they are unable to get the car in this range on either end. They claim shims won't help as we're at the toe limit.

On previous cars I've been in the shop with them, discussing what I want, seeing things done, etc. New experience to do this relaying messages over phone to get relayed to someone else, etc. then getting told what happened after the car's off the rack.

(add: Gabe at Sunset has been nice to me -- I don't mean to be ragging on them. I'm just not happy about no car or loaner for 3 weeks and missing the event.)

Quick Reply: Portland and Seattle GT4 owners?