Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Pre-Sale announcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 10:36 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 981 Spyder Pre-Sale announcement

I've chronicled buying 2 Spyders here so I want to alert the forum that I'm going to sell my Red Spyder with 10k miles. Check out the build on the spreadsheet near the bottom because the one I'm selling is one of the last Vins. Transparency: Had a parking lot fender bender and some road damage in New Mexico all fixed by Porsche and Affiliates. All Records and oil changes every 3k miles and brand new OEM rear tires. $97,975 or best offer.. This is not listed anywhere yet, but will be soon. Thanks for reading. Any questions?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:01 AM
blacksheepSpyder
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

You are giving it away.

Sticker + Tax you paid should be your bottom now.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you thinking of getting instead?
I'm with black sheep, under MSRP (even with the mild issues) is low. It sure should sell fast that way though.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:02 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

I'm not a car trader so if someone feels they are getting a deal all the better! Thanks for the confidence. I put down a deposit and am on a list for a GT3 but for now I'm getting a New Wrangler Recon unlimited with half doors. Plus don't forget I still have the silver Spyder. If the GT3 falls through for whatever reason... then I will buy a 987 Spyder privately. I want the sale to be low key and quick so what one site do you all think would be best? eBay? auto trader?
Old 07-14-2017, 12:06 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Please post a specific price.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksheepSpyder
You are giving it away.
+1

Good luck, Andrew! I know you have had a love affair with this car. It's great that you have another one in reserve.

And +1 for the transparency.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:16 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Start high! You're asking too low out of the gate
Old 07-14-2017, 12:38 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by il pirata
Please post a specific price.
And pictures...
Old 07-14-2017, 12:42 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

10k is not a small amt of miles so $5k under sounds right to me...or ask msrp and be willing to accept 5 under
Old 07-14-2017, 01:28 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the fender bender incident reported? Insurance, police report, etc? In other words, does it have a clean CarFax report?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:14 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Does it have buckets?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 PM
guab
Pro

FWIW, I paid sticker for my '16 Guards Red Spyder (few hundred $$$ over). Basically flawless (and clean carfax, no incidents) minus a few small chips in the front which will be invisible after xpel, and fascia had very small scrape that comes from the territory of owning an SPASM-height vehicle (you have to be lying on the ground with your face 2" from the fascia to see it).

However, it was certified pre-owned, had 8k miles, and had them do some work to it (new rear tires, replace chin spoiler, full detail, etc). No buckets, but I did not want them. From what I have seen, LWB on spyders does not affect pricing. Subtract CPO and tires/detail/spoiler and you're probably $3000 below sticker.

Buttttttttttttt I had to pay 7.95% sales tax ($7800), which does suck. Private parties have advantage in that sense for those of us who live in a state where no tax is paid on private sales. Including tax, title, registration, XPEL, shipping (VLT here in AZ is high -- $1500) I'll be about $108,000.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:20 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Yes, all incidents were reported to insurance co. and here too in posts. Don't know what the car fax looks like but I know these things are important to some people so I want to be clear about the two incidents.

I'm also getting a new oem plastic splitter in a few days lol. If you are interested, then you should check out my custom build on the spread sheet. The one I'm selling is vin #904..... the price is there too and you can do the math. The listing will be up after I get it back from the dealership with the new Splitter and take pictures.

This was my second custom build and I did it after looking at the spreadsheet and seeing what was out there and ordering at the very last minute... read my tale here somewhere lol.

in a nutshell

GRed
Buckets
All Black Leather
Burmester
Red Painted Side Scoops
Red Painted PCM
Climate Control
Leather Steering Column

Very clean and very classic Porsche Build IMHO.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:00 PM
guab
Pro

Do you have a link to the threads? Also, a VIN #? I'm interested to see ... your spec sounds gorgeous.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:39 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Price sounds very fair to me due to the damage and miles. I also like to price my vehicles with my bottom line and fairly, so no games. Yes, folks try to knock it down, but at the end of the day, if it's priced right, it sells at your price. I'd also specifically disclose what was the 'road damage', and how both that and the 'fender bender' were fixed. Road damage could involve extensive suspension damage, or just a bent rim. Most likely in-between, but better to disclose it all.

As far as not having to pay sales tax for a private sale, it'd be a rare exception rather than the rule. Most states charge tax, but most also deduct if it's being traded. Therefore, it's always wise to consider that difference. On more expensive cars, it's enough to basically be a wash selling privately or trading it in. I almost always do the latter on expensive cars. Not worth the hassle to sell privately. But if not buying anything at the moment, then much better privately than a dealer. Good luck OP.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Pre-Sale announcement