Macan 2014-Current

Price feedback on 2015 Macan S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:47 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts
Default Price feedback on 2015 Macan S?

I know 911 pricing backwards and forwards... 993, 996, 997, 991. Have a definite feel for key options, values, and can spot a good deal vs. an overpriced car...

Not so much with Macans, and i'd love any pricing or option feedback on one I'm going to be checking out tomorrow.

2015 Macan S
  • 44K miles
  • One owner, clean carfax.
  • Agate Gray over black/garnet leather
  • Nicely optioned premium plus, infotainment, sport exhaust, 21" sport wheels, painted fascia, black trim, etc.
  • About two years of factory warranty left
  • $73,500 sticker
  • $47,000 no haggle price.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Not up on blue book values, but that seems kinda high for a three-year old car with average miles. I would expect lower 40s. Our '16 turbo with 16k-miles and a considerably high sticker was percentage-wise cheaper that this S when factoring-in the extra ~30k miles.

But, if it the option set ticks all your boxes... you can't custom order from the used car store.

Oh, and thanks for posting a picture of an Agate Macan. I've been waiting to see one in the (digital) flesh.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:03 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
Not up on blue book values, but that seems kinda high for a three-year old car with average miles. I would expect lower 40s. Our '16 turbo with 16k-miles and a considerably high sticker was percentage-wise cheaper that this S when factoring-in the extra ~30k miles.

But, if it the option set ticks all your boxes... you can't custom order from the used car store.

Oh, and thanks for posting a picture of an Agate Macan. I've been waiting to see one in the (digital) flesh.
Thanks for the feedback.

What was the sticker and sale price for your '16 Turbo?

The S did have an exceptionally high (for an S) sticker of ~$73.5K, about $8K-$10K higher than most S builds I've seen...

Ultimately a lot will depend on condition. If it is minty and flawless, I'll typically pay a bit extra. If it shows every one of those 44K miles, pass...

Keeping my eyes open for a Macan Turbo as well.
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2017, 07:36 AM
DougM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in the same situation as you. The above car will have the warranty expire at 50k miles regardless of the years left. Also, if it was a certified car going 2 more years and to 100k, it would continue if it goes from owner to owner. It gets voided if traded at a dealer, unless a Porsche dealer who could recertify.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:57 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
What was the sticker and sale price for your '16 Turbo?
I spent a while looking for the paperwork so as to give you exact figures, but, alas, CarChick has tucked them away some place safe.

IIRC, the sticker on our '16 was just over 90k. We negotiated to low 60s with CPO.

Originally Posted by DougM
... Also, if it was a certified car going 2 more years and to 100k...
CPO (or a similar extended) is a must.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:11 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

By the way, checked out the S yesterday.

Drove really nice, and I like the sport exhaust on the Macan, but not as minty as I would like. Most could be corrected with a good detail, but it just drives me nuts that CarMax presents their cars in such nasty condition. Makes it hard to tell what's road goo and dirt (inside and out) and what's real blemishes.

Also, did Macan S's not come with red calipers? This one has red calipers, but it looks like they were painted with a brush...

bottom line, pass.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:29 AM
dawgsontop
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
By the way, checked out the S yesterday.

Drove really nice, and I like the sport exhaust on the Macan, but not as minty as I would like. Most could be corrected with a good detail, but it just drives me nuts that CarMax presents their cars in such nasty condition. Makes it hard to tell what's road goo and dirt (inside and out) and what's real blemishes.

Also, did Macan S's not come with red calipers? This one has red calipers, but it looks like they were painted with a brush...

bottom line, pass.
Just a data point but my '15 Macan S came with silver calipers so I imagine the car you looked at did in fact have the calipers painted after initial delivery.

Quick Reply: Price feedback on 2015 Macan S?