Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan and dogs- SIZE.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 05:33 PM
boochook
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Any shots of the GSD in the back please? We are picking up our GSD show dog male end of Sept and he will also be 95lbs, so I’m a little concerned if he will fit. We literally bought a 3/4 ton Suburban just for the dog, and I want to get a Macan instead. My other ride is a 997.1 GT3. Pics for reference. ;-)
Old 09-02-2018, 06:30 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1.5 year old 75# German Shepherd fits nicely in the back. She is a good car rider though.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by machschnell_RS
The cargo management system is a great option to have for partitioning off cargo in the back as well as the cargo net that comes with it. We'll use the net primarily to keep our long legged, 55 lb, Brittany out of the front seats. If you're looking for a full liner for the back, I would highly recommend Canvasback. Fit and finish is perfect, and, they are a small business out of MN which I like supporting.

Just ordered a set for the Macan we pick up Monday. Thank you for the lead! It takes so much time and effort to vacuum all the dog hair that gets deposited after only one trip in the car.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:21 PM
machschnell_RS
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 09-13-2018, 09:53 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't fathom how a full size dog fits back there. We could barely fit a stroller only. Traded in for full size range much better for car seat and stroller. Would definitely thoroughly test with dog in the cargo area before buying.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Obturate
Racer

We fit a Mastiff and a Golden Doodle in the back of an Audi Q5 for a short trip to the kennel when we are gone. Someone will flame me for animal cruelty but they didn't seem to be too distressed. Monday (three days ago) we traded the Audi for a Macan. Too me, the space in the cargo area of the Macan looks smaller than the Audi. I think we will be using the truck to take the dogs to the vet or kennel from now on.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,197 Likes on 3,952 Posts

Originally Posted by Obturate
We fit a Mastiff and a Golden Doodle in the back of an Audi Q5 for a short trip to the kennel when we are gone. Someone will flame me for animal cruelty but they didn't seem to be too distressed. Monday (three days ago) we traded the Audi for a Macan. Too me, the space in the cargo area of the Macan looks smaller than the Audi. I think we will be using the truck to take the dogs to the vet or kennel from now on.
Your Q5 shares the platform with the Cayenne, not the Macan, so your impressions are correct with the space in the Macan being smaller. Porsche does not offer a Q7 equivalent.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:36 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Your Q5 shares the platform with the Cayenne, not the Macan, so your impressions are correct with the space in the Macan being smaller. Porsche does not offer a Q7 equivalent.
What? No. It has always been Cayenne/Q7/Touareg sharing same platform. The old Q7 was one generation behind the 958 Cayenne but they are all now in the same platform.

Macan borrows the Q5 platform
Old 09-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Obturate
Racer

Originally Posted by visitador
What? No. It has always been Cayenne/Q7/Touareg sharing same platform. The old Q7 was one generation behind the 958 Cayenne but they are all now in the same platform.

Macan borrows the Q5 platform
This was my impression.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:51 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

It's not the platform just the design language- the rear window is raked pretty hard on the macan which limits cargo room.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:19 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Your Q5 shares the platform with the Cayenne, not the Macan,......
Incorrect. The Macan and Q5 share the same basic platform (there's virtually nothing else they share beyond that though).
Old 09-30-2018, 12:26 AM
equ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brought a Macan Turbo home today. With seat covered, our 108llb, 29-30" shoulder/rump Anatolian was fine in the (obviously covered and blanketed) back seat. Actually had an easier time climbing in (for some reason she doesn't do a running start, preferring a harder "pull up") than to higher SUV's.

Last edited by equ; 10-09-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:10 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by machschnell_RS
The cargo management system is a great option to have for partitioning off cargo in the back as well as the cargo net that comes with it. We'll use the net primarily to keep our long legged, 55 lb, Brittany out of the front seats. If you're looking for a full liner for the back, I would highly recommend Canvasback. Fit and finish is perfect, and, they are a small business out of MN which I like supporting.

Huge thanks for the tip on canvasback! We just got our GTS last week and I’ve been trying to find something for the back. Our dog is awesome, but stands and pants and drools during most drives...which sort of makes a mess.

Bonus question - does anyone have a barrier that they recommend to keep her from hanging her head over the back seats and drooling on them or whoever is sitting in them? I bought the net from Suncoast (I think it’s a Porsche item) but not sure it’ll work with the canvasback.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:24 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 686 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Bonus question - does anyone have a barrier that they recommend to keep her from hanging her head over the back seats and drooling on them or whoever is sitting in them? I bought the net from Suncoast (I think it’s a Porsche item) but not sure it’ll work with the canvasback.
The Porsche rear cargo divider net attaches to points in the ceiling and the two cargo tie down loops on the trunk floor close to the seat backs. With the canvas back in your photo, you may have to cut two holes over by where the seat back fold is.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:36 PM
machschnell_RS
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy

Huge thanks for the tip on canvasback! We just got our GTS last week and I’ve been trying to find something for the back. Our dog is awesome, but stands and pants and drools during most drives...which sort of makes a mess.

Canvasback will cut 2 rectangular holes into their liner that match up to the attachment points in the seatbacks, but you need to specify. That will allow you to attach the cargo barrier to the seatbacks and to the roof liner when the seatbacks are both in the down position and up position.

Quick Reply: Macan and dogs- SIZE.