OEM Macan tow hitch vs aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 10:27 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
I installed a Stealth Hitch on my 2017 Macan GTS back in 2018. It was great, and was able to tow my son's motorcycle from Houston to Austin and back. Everyone was staring at the Macan with the bike on the back.

The best part: with the air suspension it was ridiculously easy to load and unload the bike!

Attachment 1329079
Always fun to see things used as they are intended! I am sure that bike with the rack is approaching the max tongue weight, which is only 441 with OEM hitch. I see Stealth states 600 lbs hitch capacity - but I don't see any certification to their ratings.

The 4,409lbs max capacity is with trailer brakes - no brakes and the total is less. If it tows or hauls on the hitch what you need - go for it! Use it as intended - they designed it, we should use it!

Last edited by supercup; 05-22-2022 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:38 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
I installed a Stealth Hitch on my 2017 Macan GTS back in 2018. It was great, and was able to tow my son's motorcycle from Houston to Austin and back. Everyone was staring at the Macan with the bike on the back.
Wow! I have never seen that kind of rack on a Macan but was looking at them seriously for when I just take my smaller bike. (A Honda CRF300) I do use my Macan, with the OEM hitch, to pull my trailer and a couple bikes. I almost feel guilty subjecting my GTS to such workhorse tasks but it does so quite well. A Porsche pulling a trailer gets some crazy reactions from people!

The following users liked this post:
supercup (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 11:25 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
Wow! I have never seen that kind of rack on a Macan but was looking at them seriously for when I just take my smaller bike. (A Honda CRF300) I do use my Macan, with the OEM hitch, to pull my trailer and a couple bikes. I almost feel guilty subjecting my GTS to such workhorse tasks but it does so quite well. A Porsche pulling a trailer gets some crazy reactions from people!

Probably more so if you had a brace of Ducati bikes back there so you could play race the car when you arrived.
The following users liked this post:
BradB (05-24-2022)

Quick Reply: OEM Macan tow hitch vs aftermarket