Spec for Crazy People

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 10:49 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spec for Crazy People

Sigh...

Back to the Porsche forum I guess. Just ordered this 2020 Macan S. Early Nov delivery currently scheduled. "Porsche" on rear in black option on 2020 model

Old 07-04-2019, 11:53 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts

Welcome back Savy. It's been awhile. Good days back when with Mooty et al. Didn't want to paint to match side blades on doors? No panoroof? I didn't order either if so - never used for sunroof on any of my cars I owned. Mike
Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 370 Likes on 206 Posts

Seriously impressive and will be tons of fun! congrats!!
Old 07-04-2019, 02:12 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice choice on Espresso!
Our GTS has a similarly spec'd exterior, with black blades and roof rails and no pano. We paid extra to get the door handles in black too and it's a nice, quite noticeable, detail.

GTS on pickup
Old 07-04-2019, 09:51 PM
rna352
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ionizer without smoking package? You're right, that is crazy.

The rest of the build is full of excellent choices.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:23 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Welcome back Savy. It's been awhile. Good days back when with Mooty et al. Didn't want to paint to match side blades on doors? No panoroof? I didn't order either if so - never used for sunroof on any of my cars I owned. Mike
Mike! Good days in past, good days ahead :-) Hope all is well with you and life is treating you fine! I never use a sunroof, too damn hot here, I looked at blade options but at the end of the day I was happy with black, at least I can feel like I saved some money somewhere...lol!.

Originally Posted by meyecul
Seriously impressive and will be tons of fun! congrats!!
Seriously impressive depreciation when time comes to sell it :-( but tons of fun in the meantime!

Originally Posted by JonCanadian
Nice choice on Espresso! Our GTS has a similarly spec'd exterior, with black blades and roof rails and no pano. We paid extra to get the door handles in black too and it's a nice, quite noticeable, detail.
Looks awesome! I do like the black window trim and roof rails. Nice contrast. I am hoping Espresso is a different kind of leather, softer and more aromatic, love smelly leather. No idea if that will be the case, finding out soon.

Originally Posted by rna352
Ionizer without smoking package? You're right, that is crazy. The rest of the build is full of excellent choices.
Lol, wife and I both suffer from some allergies so *hoping* it might result in some clean air and non-runny noses. No idea if that will happen...probably just the "alkaline water" of Porsche options...haha!
Old 07-05-2019, 10:09 AM
JonCanadian
Racer

Originally Posted by savyboy
I am hoping Espresso is a different kind of leather, softer and more aromatic, love smelly leather. No idea if that will be the case, finding out soon.
When we chose our options, our SA took us to a silver 911 with an Espresso interior. It was definitely a better leather: thicker and more natural looking compared to the standard leathers. I don't recall the smell though. The colour is very sophisticated and paired very well with a light coloured exterior. We didn't choose it because we weren't sure that it would match our red exterior.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:43 AM
savyboy
Drifting

When we chose our options, our SA took us to a silver 911 with an Espresso interior. It was definitely a better leather: thicker and more natural looking compared to the standard leathers. I don't recall the smell though. The colour is very sophisticated and paired very well with a light coloured exterior. We didn't choose it because we weren't sure that it would match our red exterior.
Awesome! Thanks for the datapoint. Sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Better be better leather for the price, right?
Old 07-05-2019, 12:33 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Originally Posted by savyboy
Better be better leather for the price, right?
Porsche is so good at pulling money from your wallets. Once we decided to go with the $4K (Cdn) leather interior, the $1.5K premium for Espresso seemed almost reasonable. In the end we paid for the GTS interior (red seatbelts and red deviated stitching) that was the same price as Espresso. One year later, we still love it!

When we were pondering Espresso we found this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1044...orth-it-2.html informative, if you haven't seen it already.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:38 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Porsche is so good at pulling money from your wallets. Once we decided to go with the $4K (Cdn) leather interior, the $1.5K premium for Espresso seemed almost reasonable. In the end we paid for the GTS interior (red seatbelts and red deviated stitching) that was the same price as Espresso. One year later, we still love it!

When we were pondering Espresso we found this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1044...orth-it-2.html informative, if you haven't seen it already.
Glad to hear you are still happy with your choice. Thanks for the link, I did read it a few weeks ago, but a good reminder!
Old 07-05-2019, 05:10 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

grrr.... I just got my special-order 2019 Macan, for which there was no option to black out the PORSCHE letters on the rear -- so I'm having my dealer replace the ugly chrome letters with special Porsche-provided black letters of the same size... It's frustrating that they now make this an option for special orders on 2020 Macans.... It was an option from the start on the new-gen Panameras (which I took advantage of) and the new-gen Cayennes -- both with the new rear-light bars. So I knew it was possible on the new-gen Macans...

I didn't spend money on the sunroof either, on my special-order Macan, because I'd rarely use them and almost always have kept them closed on my cars that have them because I don't like sunlight shining on me (and on those reflective glass and chrome surfaces in the front that blind the driver, any more than necessary). The glass-covered digital read-outs for climate temperature (and fan speed) is REALLY frustrating because it reflects sunlight into my eyes every day -- so I have to keep a microfiber cloth nearby that I throw over it. Wish they could come up with better designs instead of having chrome and glass in the central dashboard area around the computer screen and the central area around the gear shifter, to avoid this sunlight-reflection problem (which is also a big problem in my Panamera). Matte-black borders (instead of chrome borders) on all interior surfaces would be a very welcome option.
I do like the panoramic roof on the new Cayenne Coupé better, because you can't open the glass (and it thus cannot leak as easily -- a common problem with moving sunroofs -- or have a motor/mechanism to break) -- and wish they'd give that option in Macans also.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:49 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by cometguy
grrr.... I just got my special-order 2019 Macan, for which there was no option to black out the PORSCHE letters on the rear -- so I'm having my dealer replace the ugly chrome letters with special Porsche-provided black letters of the same size... It's frustrating that they now make this an option for special orders on 2020 Macans.... It was an option from the start on the new-gen Panameras (which I took advantage of) and the new-gen Cayennes -- both with the new rear-light bars. So I knew it was possible on the new-gen Macans...

I didn't spend money on the sunroof either, on my special-order Macan, because I'd rarely use them and almost always have kept them closed on my cars that have them because I don't like sunlight shining on me (and on those reflective glass and chrome surfaces in the front that blind the driver, any more than necessary). The glass-covered digital read-outs for climate temperature (and fan speed) is REALLY frustrating because it reflects sunlight into my eyes every day -- so I have to keep a microfiber cloth nearby that I throw over it. Wish they could come up with better designs instead of having chrome and glass in the central dashboard area around the computer screen and the central area around the gear shifter, to avoid this sunlight-reflection problem (which is also a big problem in my Panamera). Matte-black borders (instead of chrome borders) on all interior surfaces would be a very welcome option.
I do like the panoramic roof on the new Cayenne Coupé better, because you can't open the glass (and it thus cannot leak as easily -- a common problem with moving sunroofs -- or have a motor/mechanism to break) -- and wish they'd give that option in Macans also.
Yup, yup and yup. I had my Macan specced on the online configurator and thankfully I sat with the sales rep as he entered it into his system, we saw only 2020 could be ordered. I immediately noticed the blacked out lettering and checked the box. A couple other different new option choices as well for '20. Interior reflections make me crazy too Hard to understand how such a basic flaw seems to be in nearly every car by all makers. Have a 2019 GMC Denali which has same issue, and much of the interior chrome is "black" and still blinds me. Same feeling about the roof. Heavy too!!
Old 07-06-2019, 03:31 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Very, very nice build. PASM and AS are superb and you'll really love the PCCBs! I also ordered mine (2018) with the natural leather and couldn't be happier - that piano black interior trim, however, is a fingerprint magnet and scratches will really show (I had it on my previous Macan). I took a chance on the dark walnut this last time around and it complements the the espresso leather nicely. It's $550 more, but I'd choose it again. Also, "steering column casing in leather" is a very nice touch to consider.

espresso w/walnut trim
Old 07-06-2019, 03:55 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by digits
Very, very nice build. PASM and AS are superb and you'll really love the PCCBs! I also ordered mine (2018) with the natural leather and couldn't be happier - that piano black interior trim, however, is a fingerprint magnet and scratches will really show (I had it on my previous Macan). I took a chance on the dark walnut this last time around and it complements the the espresso leather nicely. It's $550 more, but I'd choose it again. Also, "steering column casing in leather" is a very nice touch to consider.
Yes, very nice color combo, walnut does work well!

Quick Reply: Spec for Crazy People